Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Sks rifles.

What size is that shirt?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grungo View Post
    NEW!?! I need to get my license fast, the best I can find locally are 300 dollar SKS rifles that actually look like they were used in Vietnam, then hit with napalm.
    Look around their webby, or fire off a email to marstar, most dealers have some form of a plan that allows you to buy a rifle and not have to actually take it for like a month or so (while waiting for license).
    Some will even go past that if you pay for some storage.

I have also heard that you can call into the cfc and if your license has passed they will tell you your license number meaning you can give that to the company and not have to wait for the cfc to ship the card.

Expired Business
    AT MARSTAR we will store your purchase at NO charge while you wait for your new PAL
    John

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    AT MARSTAR we will store your purchase at NO charge while you wait for your new PAL
    John
    +1 Marstar did this for me a while ago, no problems.

Hey John any idea if you are going to be getting any Russian sks's in any time soon?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    I like the oil bottle that comes with the rifle. I don't have that one in my collection yet. The " one" stripper clip is funny, but I guess there are places where they can be hard to come by. I have 5 gallon pails full of them.

These SKS rifles look pretty sharp. Has anyone received theirs yet? I'm quite interested as to what markings appear on them.
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

Anyone know where they are in the waiting list queue? I'm just over 300 but no idea how fast they can work through the list
    The truth must be repeated over and over again; because error is repeatedly preached among us, and not only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals and encyclopedias, in schools and universities -everywhere, in fact, error prevails and is quite easy in the feeling that it has a decided majority on its side

Just ordered mine today! Another firearm to check off of my list of what to buy/own... Easy version of the list? "One of everything."

Hopefully my newest purchase ships soon - would like to have a "toy" to play with at the range after sighting in my new Savage .30-06. Would have loved to take my Norc 1911 to the range to play with, but the Ontario CFO still hasn't gotten his thumb out.

I'm against big government - but in this one particular super narrow case I'm for it... Hire a few more bureaucrats and they might catch up on all these bloody backlogged transfers!
    "All they now possess is liberty, what they before enjoyed is sacrificed to its service, and having nothing more to lose, they disdain submission." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

Liberal promise, a first rate oxymoron.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
    Anyone know where they are in the waiting list queue? I'm just over 300 but no idea how fast they can work through the list
    Someone posted asking this on their Facebook site, but all they replied with was "They are done in the sequence they were received". Does that mean it takes a week to go through the first hundred? Two weeks? Three weeks? It wasn't a really clear answer.
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

Expired Business
    FIDDLER;
    ""They are done in the sequence they were received".
    It simply means that when we received the pre-orders each one was given a number.... Now that they have arrived they will be assigned to a buyer in the same sequence.

"Does that mean it takes a week to go through the first hundred? Two weeks? Three weeks? It wasn't a really clear answer"
    There are no set rules, once we assign a rifle to a client we file for the transfer, once approved, we invoice, if there is an issue with the card we must contact the client, etc, etc....

Last Wednesday we received over 2000 SKS rifles, they have to be inspected, the serial numbers listed, assigned an inventory number, register them at the CFC.... Once in the system then we can sell them....

All the while we have to continue filling the pre-orders for the CQ-a rifles, that container arrived only a couple of weeks ago

Of course we did receive two containers of Handguns just 4 weeks ago and those had to be processed as well.

YES we are busy and ask that you be just a bit patient....
    John

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast