Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Sks rifles.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    These are awesome rifles. I had my first look at one a few days ago when a gentleman from Ontario showed up with one at our hunting camp. He had some crap ammo that shot sparks out of the muzzle and was completely unsatisfied with the way that it was shooting because he couldn't hit a piece of paper at 50 yards. I told my girlfriend to offer him 100 bucks and a box of goose loads because it would look good on the wall, and he took it. She tells me I'm a dog, but I shot a decent box of PRVI through it on a rest to get 3 inch groups at 100 yards. This ones a keeper. They are very nice shooting rifles in immaculate condition. Its not my best shooting SKS, but its a fair fight for second best. These are definitely a good score, and a good price. If you're looking for a good SKS rifle, this is the time to jump in on it.
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

Super GunNutz
    And if you take the Special Introductory Offer, you can tell your wife you went shopping for clothing.
    HP

"I ask you to please be carefull with the compliments, we are not used to it....

Seriously, we are glad you are satisfied, I think you will agree they were worth the wait ?
    Best Regards,
    John"

yes yes indeed it was worth the wait. And yes it has all matching numbers, I had no play in mine. oh and the cleaning kit was in the butt stock of mine. my wife showed me that, her dad and brother both own sks's, mine felt diffrent from theres. i thought it was just pride of ownership

also did you clean the rifles before putting the in the hardcase? i didnt notice "gobs" of cosmoline on mine. the wood felt really clean.
    defenitly worth the wait and the price was just right. i almost dont want to shoot it cuse its so nice. but i will
    what i was exspeting was a rifle that had alot of handling marks and dent scratches ect..
    NOT the case here it is mint and i mean MINT. but for one little mark on the stock most likely from when it was put on the rack 50-60 years ago. like the scar on bonds face just above the right eyebrow, it adds a sertin distintion. i know when i see my rifle its mine.

also spent the little extra $10 and get the carry case, the cardboard was riped a little it was most likely droped a bit, but the rifle is great. the case is good aswell
    btw what do u put in the little oil bottle? i use G96 on everything. collector peace I guess.
    the tshirt is a frut of the loom heavy cotton 100% cotton 2XL fits me and i am almost 300 pounds. I would say the print on the shirt is equal to the Type 97 tshirt I own both, not a rifle i will bubba, it just looks pretty the way she is. but to save the wood stock i might buy a new stock for it latter
    plus it has the marstar warnty

CP took 5 days to cross ontario to get me my rifle so if u dont have it yet just relax

i am not a pro, nor do i work for marstar. thuo that would be cool. the above is MY personal opinon, i can tell that i will be happy with this rifle for years to come.
    https://ericaswimmingdream.tilt.com/year1
    Hey CGNers. Here is your chance to crowed fund a future Olympic hopeful and current gun nut!! thanks for your help everyone

Expired Business
    REID 134;
    Well now, you pretty well covered it, I could not have said it better....

Regarding cleaning, when all the rifles were removed from deep storage we sent them to a facility we set up for complete degreasing and inspection, once the magazine were modified we then had a light coating of oil applied prior to shipping to Canada.

As for oil bottle, use what works for you.

Enjoy your rifle,

Best Regards John

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    As for oil bottle, use what works for you.
    Couldn't dis-agree with you more johnone.
    If anyone buy's this SkS from this company they should also get;

This is by far the best lube on the market for the $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Satain View Post
    Couldn't dis-agree with you more johnone.
    If anyone buy's this SkS from this company they should also get;

This is by far the best lube on the market for the $$$.
    But it has a strong lingering odor. I prefer using this one, its odorless.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MapleSugar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffoneur View Post
    But it has a strong lingering odor. I prefer using this one, its odorless.

Just what exactly is your relationship with your firearms?

You're starting to worry me.
    The Plague Rats go marching one by one! Hurrah! Hurrah!...

Expired Business
    NOW I know Grifonneur has a far more serious problem than I ever dreamt of....

Take your meds and have a rest....
    John

How much time will it take to be in the mail of I order one ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mwjones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MapleSugar View Post
    Just what exactly is your relationship with your firearms?

You're starting to worry me.
    lol...try some of this stuff:

http: //cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250369662241