Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: edmonton and area crown land

You and me both. I want a 22lr but dont want to be stuck in an indoor range.

Quote Originally Posted by b_w. View Post
    Have not done much shooting on crown land but with all the restrictions the CFO is putting on the ranges it is getting tougher and tougher to justify renewing at Spruce Grove for $200 plus per year. would love to find a great place to shoot in the bush with room to stretch out to longer ranges.
    I would have thought that was a good reason for joining a range. No hassles about poaching, shooting quaders etc. Just think, Phoenix works out at $9.50/week, Spruce Grove is $3.85/week & C.H.A.S. is a mere $140/ year or $2.70/week, you would spend more than that on ammo. Oh yes CHAS has +300 mtr ranges for you to stretch out to.

A good number of the ranges in around Edmonton have capped memberships now, making it challenging to find a place to shoot without putting on a ton of kms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Tag for interest

Although I do think its a great idea to support the shooting sports by joining a range I also think its quite weak that so many shooters would advise each other to not exercise their right to shoot on crown land. It's your right to shoot there. Use it responsibly and encourage others to do the same.
    Member, CSSA, NFA, NRA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    if you want to find some crown land you have to drive a least 1hr from Edmonton , around bruderheim it suppose to have some spot but i dont know were they are , i go in the westlock county
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

CGN Regular
    i was just out there today. the quadders and dirt bikers stay mostly on the bigger green area to the west of the road.
    The smaller green area on the east of the road is great and some targets are set up there...

a hundred rounds of 12 gauge buckshot and 100 rounds of 5.56 didnt draw any attention.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter64 View Post
    I would be careful in shooting on crown land this time of year, you might be mistaken for a poacher.

Lots of stories of people doing just that and ending up in court because the warden doesn't believe you.

I would get a membership to Canadian Historical Arms Society which are cheap and go to the shooting range by Genesse. You can shoot all you want and no one will bother you. With the same membership you can go to Phoenix Range on Tuesday nights and shoot indoors when it is cold/raining outside.

Spruce Grove also has a good range as does Sherwood Park.

You don't have to worry about quaders, wardens and being in the wrong place on private land (you thought it was crown land).

My 2 cents.
    Spruce Grove is full until 2015. To become a member at Genesee (CHAS), you need to be sponsored by a current member. It's becoming very tough around Edmonton. You might want to try Phoenix....
    Last edited by 6MT; 05-18-2014 at 01:27 AM.

CGN Regular
    phoenix is so expensive its insane and their ####ty little range is only 32 yards or so, they measure 40 yards to the back wall and thats being generous.
    Their target hangers are crappy string with clothespins.. and they want $500 a year? screw that.

Out at the little spot of land by bruderheim they say you need a discharge permit, but nobody ive spoken to has ever bothered. just be safe and reasonable.
    easy to find... 50 minutes from edmonton.

Quote Originally Posted by ADHDCanuck View Post
    phoenix is so expensive its insane and their ####ty little range is only 32 yards or so, they measure 40 yards to the back wall and thats being generous.
    Their target hangers are crappy string with clothespins.. and they want $500 a year? screw that.

Out at the little spot of land by bruderheim they say you need a discharge permit, but nobody ive spoken to has ever bothered. just be safe and reasonable.
    easy to find... 50 minutes from edmonton.
    Would you happen to have GPS to this location?? or is it the past post 53.somthing and -112.somthing ???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast