Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: edmonton and area crown land

We went out there today(Heard about it from a friend) and emptied 150 rounds of 22 magnum into a safe, hill area after rescuing a guy in a jeep who had sunk up to his mirrors. But now seeing this thread I'm a bit sketched out about going their and having the danger rangers up my ass since the zone has been reclassified (We didn't notice the Firearm sign until we were on the way out due to a convoy of vehicles going the other way kicking up dust on our way in)

I still would like to find a farmer even if I had to pay him off to shoot on his land.
    "Locks on a zipper are, at best, decorative."

"What a coincidence.... so are our Fire-arms laws"

CGN frequent flyer Secondgunman's Avatar
    If you are shooting on crown land pitch a flag and yellow safety tape if the popoe is out it is when you are shooting put the rifles away then the range and flags...

Any time they have come out to talk to me and my buds they see all the flagging and targets put one and one together. Sometimes they will come tell us they wished more people would shoot on the land like that...

There is some land up by were some other people I know shoot by Mairthorpe and they call the local RCMP and tell them they will be up there making some ruckus sometimes the local RCMP guys will bring their shot guns and practice a few rounds...
    Last edited by Secondgunman; 06-02-2014 at 12:32 AM.
    Certified Paper Shredder Guns are just as much apart of me as duck tape or WD40.

Hello all,

I realize this is an old thread but very relevant to my situation. I've recently arrived in Fort Saskatchewan, AB from Ontario. Would love to find the places mentioned above so I can go check Zero on my rifle and maybe go for a deer hunt during the season with my hunter host buddy.

Please help

Shotgun

No more shooting at all out by Bruderhiem... ran into a surprisingly nice RCMP who explained the whole situation to us and didnt penalize us in any way. Any suggestions on where to go now (sorry for flogging dead horse/old thread).
    Springfield M1A National Match in FDE Troy MCS w/ Vortex Viper PST 4-16x
    Benelli M4 w/ too many mods to list
    NP3 POF P415 w/ Eotech EXPS 2
    Marlin 1895SBL, CZ 75 SP01 Shadow

Any updates on this? I've heard of people going a bit further to the Redwater Natural Area.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234