Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Scar

From what I was told by Questar, there is one issued,,, but it has not been released but the RCMP,,, whatever that means,, but i think to be able to get the firearms over the border there would have had to be an FRT

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmauto View Post
    ...I love how the USA restricts what guns citizens of the rest of the world can buy.
    From what I've heard it's our fault for not cooperating in some trade bill.

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterMcGavin View Post
    From what I was told by Questar, there is one issued,,, but it has not been released but the RCMP,,, whatever that means,, but i think to be able to get the firearms over the border there would have had to be an FRT
    There is no FRT # yet for the SCAR 16s firearm... RCMP have still not released any info.

We import firearms all the time that do not have FRT# issued yet... CBSA can allow the guns into the country (on the expectation that the firearm will be classified as either Restricted or Non-Restricted and that an FRT# will be issued by RCMP/CFC)... or they can detain the firearms and hold them pending an inspection and review by RCMP to see what their classification is, before releasing the items or sending them back out of the country.

Mark

Is there any kind of expectation/standard/etc. as to how long it takes the RCMP to issue an FRT#, or is it just a "whenever they do it they do it" situation?
    Sweet

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by jwc View Post
    Is there any kind of expectation/standard/etc. as to how long it takes the RCMP to issue an FRT#, or is it just a "whenever they do it they do it" situation?
    They are under no time limit... it's up to them. We've had FRT#'s issued for some firearms in a day and others have taken upwards of a year.

We originally requested an FRT for the SCAR 16s nearly a year ago... they subsquently requested that we submit a sample to them for inspection... we submitted that sample earlier this year.

Mark

Thanks Mark!

I appreciate all the work Questar does to help me rid myself of the burden of unspent funds.
    Sweet

Excuse me... was it classified restricted or not?
    Thanks

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by David L View Post
    Excuse me... was it classified restricted or not?
    Thanks
    Don't know until they issue the FRT # and see what they have officially concluded.

Mark

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    So if for some strange reason they class it as prohib do the people who have paid in full for the scar get their money back.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitty View Post
    So if for some strange reason they class it as prohib do the people who have paid in full for the scar get their money back.
    Don't even speak of such atrocities...
    Sweet