Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Scar

Quote Originally Posted by jwc View Post
    Don't even speak of such atrocities...
    heresy or not, this is a VERY troubling matter....aleast to some of us.
    ....given the rcmp's track record.... we all know how they LOVED scarely looking firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by masterduckmaster View Post
    heresy or not, this is a VERY troubling matter....aleast to some of us.
    ....given the rcmp's track record.... we all know how they LOVED scarely looking firearms.
    Yeah, I hear you. I'm have an FS2000, PS90's, an XCR, a 50 cal, a belt-fed semi, a SCAR hopefully soon on the way (to name a few); classification and even more-so RE-classification scare me.
    Sweet

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitty View Post
    So if for some strange reason they class it as prohib do the people who have paid in full for the scar get their money back.
    If they classify it as a Prohibited Firearm then we will look at the basis for their ruling.

If it can be appealed with reasonable possibility of winning then we would invite those who want to "hold their order" for the gun to wait for that outcome.

Those who don't want to wait and just want out would be refunded their payments in full, but they would give up their claim to the gun later... so if our appeal were successful they would have no claim to the gun.

From the material we have, the documentation from FN themselves, and inspection of the firearms, we do not believe there is any legal foundation for the RCMP to rule the SCAR 16s as being anything but a "Restricted" firearm based on barrel length.

Mark

Thanks again for the Update,,,, I know I appreciate it as I am sure the other CGN's do as well,,, I am still on the edge of my seat waiting for this one...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer promac's Avatar
    Yeah - I've been waiting for the delivery notice in the mail or the "Woooohoooo - got my Scar in the mail today" post - LOL!
    Warning: I am not a lawyer; any ideas, views, opinions or advice may be incorrect, incomplete or contain errors and omissions. Anything could seem like at good idea at any given moment. Readers should consult with their legal professionals before taking any action based on the information contained herein.

Used to be that we "Worldproofed" our children. Now society wants to childproof the world.

Just curious...How much were these selling on your website?
    [Place witty comment here]

Quote Originally Posted by pointfour0h View Post
    Just curious...How much were these selling on your website?
    $1,249.00 + shipping.

Sweet

soooo reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Abey0beyCeezy View Post
    soooo reasonable
    They were significantly more than that (notice the wink), but still reasonable given the time/effort/etc. it takes to bring them in.
    Sweet

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmauto View Post
    ...I love how the USA restricts what guns citizens of the rest of the world can buy.
    Yes, especially when we are talking about gun manufactured by Belgian company.