Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Scar

Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    We are waiting for RCMP to issue the FRT # so that we can transfer the guns to customer's names. If you had a pre-order in place then you will have already received details on the situation and your order.

If you did not receive an email then you did not have an order placed.

We were able to import to Canada (before the export permit expired) enough SCAR's that we can fill all of the confirmed pre-orders we had.

US State Department has denied the renewal permit we submitted for SCAR's (specifically stated in the permit that the permit DOES NOT APPROVE THE EXPORT OF SCAR FIREARMS for commercial end-users).

Mark
    so once these pre-order SCARs are dried up, there will be no way of getting a SCAR in canada?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 8 ball's Avatar
    That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Donster 125 View Post
    so once these pre-order SCARs are dried up, there will be no way of getting a SCAR in canada?
    Not necessarily. I seem to recall a time when the PS90 was on the no-fly list as well. Eventually it was allowed to come back in.

My personal opinion is that the State Department will lift export restrictions soon on the SCAR.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Donster 125 View Post
    Don't forget. That was the Reason given that day for that specific permit.

Someone else might put in an application 3 months from now and it might get an o.k.

Lots of 'The sky is falling' threads the last few years.

And...if there is a shortage, the price stays high.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmauto View Post
    ...I love how the USA restricts what guns citizens of the rest of the world can buy.
    Aren't these made in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumantepe View Post
    Aren't these made in Europe?
    Nope. I think prototyping and production development was done in Belgium, but full scale production of the 5.56 SCAR is in the US, for a number of reasons. But since the US mil has wholly passed on the 5.56 SCAR, I think it's possible that production will be moved back to Europe just so FN can sell them in places other than the states and maybe recoup some R and D costs. I have no concrete evidence that this will happen, it's just what I'd do, if I ran FN.
    Summary: killing bad guys is better than sex, dead kids suck, dead eyes staring at you can give you nightmares, if you are all f***ed up from war you might want to give up war as a hobby, even bad motherf***ers will see the wizard eventually.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I was under the impression that the SCAR 16s was built in Herstal and modified in the US to meet US requirements. The military variant the scar-l is built in the States.

When I talked to the FN reps about it at SHOT a couple years ago, they told me that initial production was in Belgium but was being moved the States for full scale production. At this time they still expected lots of SOCOM orders. If recall correctly the version I was holding during the conversation was select fire, so it is certainly possible that you are correct.
    Summary: killing bad guys is better than sex, dead kids suck, dead eyes staring at you can give you nightmares, if you are all f***ed up from war you might want to give up war as a hobby, even bad motherf***ers will see the wizard eventually.

Just putting this out there, as I've been waiting over a year for my SCAR... but having read this thread, the on-going threads on the Black & Green Rifle section, and private member group, is there something Questar could do to reinitialize the stalled discussions between the RCMP and FN? Perhaps do some reconnaissance, gather available background information, and provide a submission to the RCMP from various sources confirming that it can't be converted to a full-auto rifle? Or better yet, would there be a way to contact FN directly and request a letter confirming that the gun cannot be converted to full auto? Given that Questar is currently sitting on a number of SCARs, it would seem that they would have the greatest pull in trying to get FN to provide some customer service.

I used to think I was one of the most patient guys out there, but now even I am getting fed up with the wait. We can all assume that the RCMP aren't going to do their job properly and in a timely fashion, so do we have any other choice but to go directly to FN?

This whole SCAR fiasco has been going on for too long.

Seems like the RCMP are putting the fun stuff in the back of their vaults with a "check again in 5 years" tag on'em.

Can't say it suprises me... but oh well. In Canada we miss out on a lot of cool toys.

Luke
    ... to ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow.... -- Jeff Snyder