Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Scar

Got my refund from Questar. Sorry the SCAR didn't work out, guys -I know you tried everything. Thanks!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce from Calgary View Post
    Got my refund from Questar. Sorry the SCAR didn't work out, guys -I know you tried everything. Thanks!
    Mine arrived yesterday as well - forgot to ask when I called Questar how many people had held in to the bitter end.

lonedrone

BANNED
    I'm not gonna read all 25 pages of this thread. Can someone just give the gist of it? There was an effort to bring the FN SCAR into Canada. I take it the SCAR-L/Mk 16 (5.56) and the SCAR-H/Mk 17 (.308), both with 16" barrels would have been restricted. Was the Mk 20 SSR (.308) part of this? (20" barrel, should be NR, right?) Anyhow, the deal fell through (US State Dept.?) and nobody got any rifles.

Is that pretty much it? They're ok for import here, we just can't get them out of the US? Can we get them direct through Belgium? Anywhere else? What don't I know/or have I got wrong?

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Prohibited, end of story.
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Prohibited, end of story.
    Oh! Jeez... when I got through the first pages, I got the impression that wasn't an issue. I saw a couple blerbs on Google about US export restrictions. Damn... didn't realize it was our own people that shut us out. That sucks...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    A real bumer, look like fun stuff... To bad... JP.

It is in too many video games I bet

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    A real bumer, look like fun stuff... To bad... JP.

Too bad the upper is the serial numbered receiver. Otherwise, I'd almost think you could get one of the (2?) after market lower SCAR manufacturers in the states to make a lower that couldn't be changed to F/A easily. This could have solved the problem.

Now the only way to over cover this is by creative Firearms act changes in Canada OR FN throwing us a bone!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evolture View Post
    Too bad the upper is the serial numbered receiver. Otherwise, I'd almost think you could get one of the (2?) after market lower SCAR manufacturers in the states to make a lower that couldn't be changed to F/A easily. This could have solved the problem.

Now the only way to over cover this is by creative Firearms act changes in Canada OR FN throwing us a bone!
    Feel like kind of silly, i had one in my cart from another sponsor before i started reading on it... Then i realized i was running after a puff of smoke... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    I will take one, CC payment on the way.