Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Surplus Garands from South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M View Post
    Only a terrorist like Obama would consider the return of US Military Property to lawful US Citizens as a threat to public security.

-M
    Now just because Obama hates the United States doeas not mean he's a terrorist....but he is a thinly veiled Communist for sure.

I saw a great bumper sticker: "Somewhere in Africa, a village is missing it's idiot."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius_ View Post
    That estimate was based on figures quoted in this thread, from this source http://www.ammoland.com/2010/08/19/u...es-from-korea/
    Can you provide your source that mentions 600,000+ rifles?
    I'm skeptical about this whole thing, if the rifles are still in fact owned by US DOD, I don't think we will ever lay our hands on them.
    Here's a letter ( one of several from Congress ) from some Senators to her Lordship the Sec of State :

www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/M1webbltr.pdf

If the link breaks ,just go to nraili.org and run a search for Korea.
    That specific letter pegs the total at 87,310 M1 Garands and 770,160 M1 Carbines. Must be referencing the 10 year plan.
    The Chosun Ilbo articles that mention the ROK numbers and hoped for prices are up on the Milsurp Forum. Just run a search for Garands , M1 Carbines , and/or old rifles and follow the trail from there. Or just go goggle Chosun Ilbo and go from there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure I'd be in for one if not two Garands. If the Carbines were non-restricted there might be two of them aswell.

Even though this whole thread is speculation, it never hurts to dream. It's even better to dream BIG!
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    If my funds were good, a crate of each
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by liberal-hater View Post
    I saw a great bumper sticker: "Somewhere in Africa, a village is missing it's idiot."
    :D!
    :D!!
    :D!!!
    Thanx I needed that. But what about his classmate Iggy!?!

Sure hope it works out, I have wanted a Nice garand for a VERY long time, should have taken advantage of the last big boom of em.

CGN Regular
    Market forces at work :
    Quote Originally Posted by simonyzer View Post
    I grabbed 2 of the 199$ Garands about 10 years ago......
    Prices were about the same down here , but the tidal wave hit a little later.
    I bought a couple of US-legal parts kits for around $200 each. The kits included everything but the recievers . Numrich was still selling torch cut reciever pieces a couple of months ago .

I have a little South Korean friend that i should get him to buy some and have them held there until all of this blows over.

CGN Regular

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Alley Dan View Post
    Oh, John, you massive flirt.

If an unnamed gun importation company in a central Canadian province were to access a number of ex-US military non-manually-operated rifles of a caliber between .29 and .31 and a vintage of somewhere in the first half of the previous century from a small Asian country, might one speculate as to how much such a device, assuming it even existed, might retail for?

Just wondering...:D
    Since this purely an academic discussion , maybe adding some other possibilities would not be out of order. A very respected site includes a list of some of people , places , and organizations that recieved USGI M1/M2 Carbines over the years. In alferbetikal order from 'A' to 'V'.

IIRC , the list amounts to around half of the total WW2 production . Angola ( UNITA ) got some quite early . Albania , Zimbabwe & some other countries never got s**t.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Satain View Post
    :D!
    :D!!
    :D!!!
    Thanx I needed that. But what about his classmate Iggy!?!
    Nope. Even his own village would rather have another idiot.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.