Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3131516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Surplus Garands from South Korea

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    84,417 M1 rifles, and how many are actually good guns after 50 years of neglect?

300-400 dollars is what I can afford.
    Practice makes you perfect, it also makes you broke!

50 years of neglect? You mean 5 years of neglect and 45 years in storage. They will probably be mosin-quality, which is fine by me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Barry F's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_250r View Post
    800 plus tax & shipping = ee prices they're gonna have to do better
    Show me a Garand on the EE for 800. Maybe 5 years ago.
    Your average lib or dipper is so crooked that when they die, the undertaker has to screw them into the ground.-colt45cz75
    CSSA, NFA, WRP, CPC member....Join now!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry F View Post
    Show me a Garand on the EE for 800. Maybe 5 years ago.
    I think he means $800 + Let's say ON (13% tax) + ~ $50.00 shipping = $954.00. It is still lower than almost anything I have seen advertised on the EE for quite a while.

Ian

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If they cannot look at the condition of the rifles and inspect them, it will be crazy hard to make an informed bid on parcels of these guns! if they bid to much they may be holding parts guns, to low and they don't get the product! between a rock and a hard old used rifle! I do not envy their position, unless they get a chance to inspect or hard assurances of the condition!
    OH YEA, I believe as most would, that, not only are there parts guns in the bunch,,but I am sure there are a number of crates over there in a warehouse that did not even get opened or issued, so one end of the spectrum to the other!! NOW, how much would you pay for one of those puppies!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    Everyone is dreaming for 99$ garands. aint gona happen. they will be in the 8-1200$ mark
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Garand's Avatar
    Having purchased one of the South Korean Garands that were sold cheaply abot 15 years ago, I would be very careful when I spent my money. To make a very long story short my $127.00 Garand cost me over $1,500.00 to rebuild so I could end up with a rifle that was both functional and reliable. It contributed to my divorce so much that I had to order parts on my buddys VISA card and have them sent to his house.........
    Real soldiers are old-fashioned people who still believe in honour, and that is the most attractive thing about them. -Gwynne Dyer

Boss Spearman in Open Range : " I always liked a gun with a little heft to it".

However there is a huge difference between "trying" to get something and guys posting like it is a done deal with them sitting in a warehouse in Canada. Personally I don't see it happening, but that is my opinion. From what I recall the last time there was a frenzy about the Korean Garands the US still has the right to veto any sale as they supplied them in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    This guy gets it, why do you think john is not saying anything, when it happens it happens, there is a market for this product in most places in the world, people should be happy that someone is trying to get these into Canada.
    be its john directly or someone else, im sure john if able to, will offer this product at the best price he can, as he is known too do.
    bbb

Let's just get the d@mn things over here!
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.