Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Surplus Garands from South Korea

Expired Business
    MILLWRIGHT;
    "is this all a wet dream because he said a few cryptic words. "

Ok let me be perfectly clear on this, I will not, cannot, discuss anything to do with this matter....
    Should there be any news I will certainly post it..
    John

Expired Business
    NNTW;
    "If he's following THIS thread by way of market research to gauge interest (not that such business concepts are relevant to Marstar, according to John), he's probably having his guys (and girls) clear a big spot in the warehouse right now. "

Come on now, if you think for one second that I would base decisions to buy any large numbers of material on what I hear on this site, you are sadly mistaken....
    While I do value the opinion of the members here, they do represent a very small number in the overall picture.

When we deal in large numbers, lets say the Yugo Mausers a few years ago, more than 350,000 of them, I have to know what markets are available to me, not just Canada, not just retail, etc, etc....
    John

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    NNTW;
    "If he's following THIS thread by way of market research to gauge interest (not that such business concepts are relevant to Marstar, according to John), he's probably having his guys (and girls) clear a big spot in the warehouse right now. "

Come on now, if you think for one second that I would base decisions to buy any large numbers of material on what I hear on this site, you are sadly mistaken....
    While I do value the opinion of the members here, they do represent a very small number in the overall picture.

When we deal in large numbers, lets say the Yugo Mausers a few years ago, more than 350,000 of them, I have to know what markets are available to me, not just Canada, not just retail, etc, etc....
    John

Goodness, such a long reply to my 'tongue in cheek' comment. Thanks John!

And thanks for the business lesson. Your comments should help posters keep things in perspective- remind us where we fit in your scheme of things.
    Last edited by nntw; 10-15-2010 at 05:38 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thanks Johnone for posting your cryptic words again:D.Neither confirm nor deny. I still love ya man(figuratively of course).And yes Gunnutz is just a small drop in the bucket for a man with Johns firearm empire

So far it sounds like there is a remote possibility....a man can dream!

CGN Regular
    This thread is starting to sound reminisent of the Russian SKS one a while back. Wonder how many replies we'll hit, I will start the bid at 1000

BANNED
    if you add to this forum these posts

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502649&highlight=garand

and these
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473806&highlight=garand

not to mention these

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444511&highlight=garand

we've got 118 posts already.

yeah, popular topic.

but john can't comment, as i think he's said at least once in each thread

much interest!

BANNED
    Newspaper reports state:

"A total of 86,000 M1 rifles and another 22,000 carbines will be sold, according to the ministry, which estimates their expected sale price at $220 and more than $140, respectively."

Be interesting to see what they RETAIL for.

Edit: oh, sorry, forgot, not gonna happen.

Well if they get here I'm sure a lot of people will be happy. If not we will all just have to hop a plane to South Korea and pick out our own.