Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: m1919

Expired Business
    #1BC SHOOTER;
    "No it was not I that said that . But it was you that said No More US made semi auto non restricted 1919's "

Thats what I like about you, you are always positive, always looking to the positive side....

You and others asked a question,would we get more 1919SA guns....

I replied that yes we were getting more, I am immediately hit with a statement I made a long while ago, which WAS accurate a long time ago

Now that things have changed I get hell for having good news....

Perfect example why I get frustrated replying to questions on this board....

John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davie Sprocket's Avatar
    Stencollector you can convert them to 8mm? How hard is this to do, is it a kit or something?

Elvis put up some pics please.

John unlike some, some of us think your doing the best job you can with the idiot rules that bind your business. Its funny how a lot of people think that it is easy to import anything into this country, they have never tried and likely never with a firearm. I have tried to import parts for my business and they were stopped at the board and sent back. I have a pre order for an m305b and have been waiting without whinning becuase I understand how the world works and not just the way the instant gratification world of iphones and internet gives them. Or maybe its just me.

Have a good one, have fun and enjoy yourself. Thats what life is about.

Dave

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davie Sprocket View Post
    Stencollector you can convert them to 8mm? How hard is this to do, is it a kit or something?

Elvis put up some pics please.

John unlike some, some of us think your doing the best job you can with the idiot rules that bind your business. Its funny how a lot of people think that it is easy to import anything into this country, they have never tried and likely never with a firearm. I have tried to import parts for my business and they were stopped at the board and sent back. I have a pre order for an m305b and have been waiting without whinning becuase I understand how the world works and not just the way the instant gratification world of iphones and internet gives them. Or maybe its just me.

Have a good one, have fun and enjoy yourself. Thats what life is about.

Dave
    They are easy to change caliber if you can find the parts , Marstar sold them in 308 & 3006 , Changing to 8x57 is not worth it unless lots of surplus 8x57 magically appears . Stencollector meant 8X63 which Marstar HAD lots of loaded in belts for just over $100. per 1000 rnds . But it was a one time shipment. Long ago sold out . As for what they look like . This is one of mine in 8x63
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    #1BC SHOOTER;
    "No it was not I that said that . But it was you that said No More US made semi auto non restricted 1919's "

Thats what I like about you, you are always positive, always looking to the positive side....

You and others asked a question,would we get more 1919SA guns....

I replied that yes we were getting more, I am immediately hit with a statement I made a long while ago, which WAS accurate a long time ago

Now that things have changed I get hell for having good news....

Perfect example why I get frustrated replying to questions on this board....

John
    I give up John
    You win
    My responses are always negative
    Your responses are always Positive

LMAO
    No more questions for you
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

hey guys i would love to put up some pictures,but i am a little slow on the draw as to how one puts up pictures here.i know there are posts explaning this.maybe someone would be kind enough to put them up for me via e mail. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Davie Sprocket View Post
    You can convert the M1919 to just about any reasonable cartridge. It is the ammo supply to feed them that is the problem. When you are letting 250 rounds loose in less than 5 minutes, it's kind of nice if you are not using $1 a round ammo.

As BC said, the swede 8mm well has dried up, and there is not likely to be any more of it. Several of us 1919 owners have managed to hoard a reasonable supply of the stuff. I believe it is what journalists would call a cache.

Marstar's deal on the 8mm was too good to be true. You bought a thousand rounds on belts for $120, you shot them off, then you sold the empty belts off for $25 each. I saved all the brass so someday that will get cashed in for recycling. It means the ammo amounted to about $15 a thousand, or in other words, cheaper than .22LR.

I believe guys in the US are adapting the 1919s over to 7.62X 39. As long as you stick with older cloth belts you are still good to go with the full capacity. Only if you convert to a modern post war link will you be bound by the 5 round rules.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer contact148's Avatar
    heres one of my son shooting it in 8x63 swedish he was 4 at the time and makeing MG sounds even when we were not shooting (belt is in but chamber is EMPTY)

I helped turf Mark Holland
    Remember ONLY YOU can prevent firearms bans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davie Sprocket's Avatar
    Nice I did not know that, i have a bunch of the links for the belts that loop between each round but I have no idea what age they are. I have wanted one of these for years, when marstar had em I didn't have the money, now I have the money and can't find one. I was thinking about an mg34 but I would rather have m1919, If I had more money I would LOVE to get an m2 .50bmg, but alas that would mean some drastic reductions in lifestyle, although there is the line of credit, hmmm.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by stencollector View Post

As BC said, the swede 8mm well has dried up, and there is not likely to be any more of it. Several of us 1919 owners have managed to hoard a reasonable supply of the stuff. I believe it is what journalists would call a cache.
    So you got a hundred rounds?

I'm sooo scared.

(actually, I recall you posting a number a while back. That amount would put my cache [or other calibres] to shame.)

Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    So you got a hundred rounds?

I'm sooo scared.
    I believe you are working on the old definition of a cache. The modern day journalist's definition is more than 20 rounds of any caliber. Two or more firearms, including pellet guns is an arsenal.