Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: m1919

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    1919a4s later this year
    John
    They're allowing 1919a4 parts for export again ?!?!

Well however you managed to pull this off, i am thrilled :D

You just made my day John!
    Proud to be UBC

WTS complete MG42 Bolt here
    WTS 2 complete M53 Bolts here
    Not mine, but check it out :D http://canadianblackriflemag.wordpress.com/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davie Sprocket's Avatar
    Stencollector don't forget the evil black paintball gun, usually sans hopper but made more menacing when they are all lined up. Yes your correct for the cache, or worse explosive making materials, as in powder and primers.

Quote Originally Posted by Davie Sprocket View Post
    Stencollector don't forget the evil black paintball gun, usually sans hopper but made more menacing when they are all lined up. Yes your correct for the cache, or worse explosive making materials, as in powder and primers.
    Were getting a little off track here, but they don't need powder or primers to write that you have explosive making materials. Combination of common household cleaning chemicals will earn you that press release, even if you have no idea what to do with them. It happened to that computer voyeur (and his wife) who snuck onto the G8 summit computers. You would think he was Bin Laden's twin by the time they got through releasing his details.

Just to keep this thread on track, I want to say I love my 1919A4, it is a hoot to shoot, can make pop cans dance at 100 yards, and is the closest thing to a F/A that we can buy in Canada.

To true. Is the 1919A4 the one with the tripod mount? I remember seeing one on marstars site that had a butt stock and what looking like a grip.

I have a question what are the particulars about the belts, as in legal length, age of the belt, which ones are listed and such, I am a little confused as to which ones are legal for longer lengths and which are not?

The answer is in the Newbie FAQ SEction.
    The link is in my sigline below.

Quote Originally Posted by Davie Sprocket View Post
    To true. Is the 1919A4 the one with the tripod mount? I remember seeing one on marstars site that had a butt stock and what looking like a grip.

I have a question what are the particulars about the belts, as in legal length, age of the belt, which ones are listed and such, I am a little confused as to which ones are legal for longer lengths and which are not?
    The 1919A4 was on a tripod, and a pistol grip is a normal part of the gun. The same gun would fit on most of the same mounts a 50 cal would fit on, such as various vehicle pedestals and trays, as well as the M63 mount.

The 1919A6 was an attempt to make a squad automatic out of the m1919 by giving it a bipod, a carry handle, and a buttstock. All these items simply bolt on. It resulted in a very heavy SAW.

The exemption for the belts is: Belts that are of the “belt” type consisting of a fabric or metal belt, are not a reproduction and were originally designed or manufactured for the purpose of feeding cartridges into a automatic firearm of a type that was in existence before 1945, are exempt from the magazine capacity regulations.

This means that:
    -You can use any non-reproduction belt of metallic or cloth type that was made for a type of gun that was pre 1945.
    -The belt does not have to be pre 1945; a 1970 dated belt would be fine, as long as it is not a repro and was made for a type of gun that was pre 45.
    -The gun the belt was designed for does not have to be pre-1945, just of a type in existence before 1945. If you can fit that same belt into a post war gun, then you are still good to go.
    -You do not have to run the original caliber in the belt. If it was, say for 8mm, and you filled it with 7.62 without modifying it, then you are still good to go. Or if you hooked together 30-06 links with 7.62, then you would still be good.
    -But if you linked a bunch of post war NATO GPMG links (which were originally for the M60, a post war gun) or say the Isreali .308 links (the .308 version is a post war gun), then you would still be limited to 5 rounds. Some on this site were trying to argue that links are individually a magazine, but I think if that was ever challenged in court you would lose. It is not so much how the belt comes out of the gun, but rather what is going into it. The cartrige exemptions make it clear that they consider a belt or a metallic strip as forms of magazines.

If this all seems confusing to you, you just need to read, then reread the original exemption, which is in bold above.

Thanks tootall I looked thro the faq when i started in the forums but I was only looking at the section 12 stuff at that time. No wunder every one is so mixed about what is legal and what isn't.

I have some 30cal wells marine metallic belt that i got off epay would it be subject to the 5 round rule or could i build it longer? There are no dates on the boxes. They are little links that hook onto the bullets and then i think are seperated when fired.

Super Moderator
    Are the rounds to be pulled out, or pushed through, with a little spring finger which engages the extraction groove? Former is likely OK, latter is probably for NATO 7.62.

I’m defiantly interested in a 1919a4 for my WW2 Jeep. . . What is the price going to be? Similar to the last time Marstar offered them or much higher?
    Thanks

Are these restricted? How much?