Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where to buy .22lr dummy rounds or snap caps in GTA or online?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    I tried the anchors, but they did not feed well in my Remington 597

CGN Regular
    I got .22 plastic snap caps from Rouge River Arms in Aurora, they also had aluminum dummies for bigger calibers.

Quote Originally Posted by wd123 View Post
    is that the exact size to buy for 22LR? great idea btw

#4-6x7/8"?
    Just wanted to bump the drywall anchor idea in this thread (great idea) but also ask if people have found that a bigger size would work? I picked up some #4-6 (but they don't not say they are 7/8") at crappy tire and although they fit in the chamber they seem pretty small and the rim may also be slightly smaller than a .22lr or .17hmr.

I don't want to risk damaging my firing pin based on only partial hits the the edge of the plastic- or is this not a concern?
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

CGN frequent flyer Secondgunman's Avatar
    Have you looked at sending an email off to P&D from our Ads up top??
    Certified Paper Shredder Guns are just as much apart of me as duck tape or WD40.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by platnumbob View Post
    Just wanted to bump the drywall anchor idea in this thread (great idea) but also ask if people have found that a bigger size would work? I picked up some #4-6 (but they don't not say they are 7/8") at crappy tire and although they fit in the chamber they seem pretty small and the rim may also be slightly smaller than a .22lr or .17hmr.

I don't want to risk damaging my firing pin based on only partial hits the the edge of the plastic- or is this not a concern?

Most modern rimfire can be dry fired safely. What gun do you have?
    Fact: in 100% of the fake guns related shootings the victims is always the one with the fake gun

It's an 80's revolver- probably should not be dry fired without snap caps or drywall anchors of some sort.
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

Got mine on ebay

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by platnumbob View Post

did you get the plastic anchors made for concrete? i believe you need the ones that are made for drywall as they are a little bigger (they are ribbed for drywall. if they dont have ribs then they are for concrete)

Nope they are definitely dry wall - I did a couple of dry fires with them and am just not comfortable with it- the rim is not quite big enough to not sink in a bit to the cylinder chambers. If no one has had luck with a different size then I might have to just eBay some real snap caps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123