Thread: The K31 and GP11 thread

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep.

The K31 and GP11 thread

In order to answer the varying number of K31 related questions, PM's, emails and phone calls, I am consolidating all the info on our remaining K31 rifles and a short FAQ on the availability of the GP11 ammunition.

We have exactly five (5) K31 rifles remaining. What you see with the rifles, is what you get. There are no bayonets remaining. Spare parts are available, just let us know what pieces you are looking for.

First of all, GP11
    We are long sold out (since Mar. or so). There are no plans at this time to carry more GP11. Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by JR
    The real issue is quantity: We can get it. However we have to buy a seacan of it at a time.

It is not a reasonable quantity for the Canadian market.

JR

K31 rifles

$1449

$499 each.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tacfoley's Avatar
    Sir, why is the K31 with the scope priced at a thousand dollars more than the others? and yes, it IS a serious question.

As for the comment that the minimum amount of ammunition that you can buy is bigger than the Canadian market is prepared to support, might I respectfully suggest that you contact the gentleman whose address I have sent you in a PM and get his view - after all, he is a member of the largest of the many thriving Swiss shooting clubs in Canada.

Or just check out the market in Canada by looking at www.swissrifles.com

Shall we see you there?

tac
    Model 96/11
    K31
    K31-actioned target rifle

Edit - just got a reply from my pal on the swissrifleforum site - seems that there are seven gun clubs in Canada that cater entirely for the fan of Swiss rifle shooting of all kinds - they are located in Montral, Ottawa, Thames Valley ONT, Tronna, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. Seems that the Montreal guys have clubbed together with Ottawa, TV, and Tronna to buy a pallet just for themselves....

Just sayin'.

t
    Last edited by tacfoley; 11-03-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Sir, why is the K31 with the scope priced at a thousand dollars more than the others? and yes, it IS a serious question.
    Well, partly because of the Leupold scope. And then there is the scope mount, the bipod mount, and the bipod itself.

From what I know, the last time a pallet of GP11 came into the store, it took years to sell it all.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tacfoley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE_Justin View Post
    Well, partly because of the Leupold scope. And then there is the scope mount, the bipod mount, and the bipod itself.

From what I know, the last time a pallet of GP11 came into the store, it took years to sell it all.
    Thank you for your response.

I guess you pay as much for stuff from the US as we do, even second-hand. That's why I buy everything I can to do with shooting IN the US of A. Used to go to Quinte Outdoor Sports a lot, too, for stuff that was same-price as the US, to try and spend my $$$ in Canada.

MY K31 [bought in 1978 for $120] has the St Marie Graphics scope mount on it and a 1954-built Weaver K4 scope - bought from the 'antique store' in Wheeler OR a few years back.

tac