Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ZULU Weapons & SA Rifles

Thanks for sharing! Wonderful collection of spears and clubs!

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    WOW , really impressive. I'd love to have a similar collection. I'm guessing you've already watched the movie Zulu dawn :D
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Big_red_truck View Post
    WOW , really impressive. I'd love to have a similar collection. I'm guessing you've already watched the movie Zulu dawn :D
    Check my other threads and you will find photos of those old battle fields, yes just like the movie.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bushwhacker's Avatar
    Really appreciate seeing your fine collection.
    Thanks!
    Bill
    CSSA REGIONAL DIRECTOR, FIREARMS SAFETY and HUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR;

"The State has no business in the gun cabinets of the Nation" (what Pierre Trudeau should also have said)

An old South African joke

What do you call a Zulu carring 2 sticks.......................Sir!
    "Until nobody has guns everybody has to have them."

CGN frequent flyer
    My condolences to any visiting houseguests you might have who fumble in the dark for a light switch

That's an impressive array you're compiled.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 762shooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UCSPanther View Post
    I like the 7x57 Boer Mauser.

I think that of all the military bolt actions, most of the older mausers look the most elegant in their as-issued configuration.

From what I read, the Mausers in the hands of the rebels were probably one of the most nasty surprises the British faced during the Boer War, since it gave the colonial rebels an advantage in terms of range and accuracy over the Enfield.

Those Zulu spears and warclubs would have been nasty to get hit by or stuck with, but yet they have some strong elegance and impressive craftsmanship to them.
    Rebels? More like an irregular militia fighting against an imperialist foreign invader, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by 762shooter View Post
    Rebels? More like an irregular militia fighting against an imperialist foreign invader, wasn't it?
    How right you are, but it is only the victors that write the History books! And to think that we (British) invented the concentration camp.

I remember sitting in a class room at school and our History teacher (Himself as a young Lt in Cypress, had his Platoon turn their Bren’s on students who were bombing his troops, but how I read his diary is another tale) anyway our History teacher turned on the radio so we could listen to the News. Ian Smith was declaring UDI in Rhodesia. He turned the radio off, when did that last happen? He asked. (UDI, Unilateral Declaration of Independence) The significance sank in, why that had started the American War Of Indepenance. (Which we happened to be studying in class) Send in the Troops we cried, we were serious, oh the innocence of youth! Little did I know then, that my “Gun Running” actitivities would start a few years later by shipping (Smuggling) guns to Rhodesians fighting a desperate “Bush War” against the dreaded commies! Strictly illegal but how could it be wrong, when those same people had run to England to help her in WWII. Yes History is an amazing subject, and the real truth is hardly ever known.

Nice pictures thanks for posting,my Great Grandfather's first action(almost his last) was in
    the Zulu war.I remember hearing many second hand stories handed down by
    my Great Aunt .

A nice change to see some classic pieces on here instead of tacticool plastic stuff