Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mock suppressors legal in Canada?Y/N

Fake suppressor, just as legal as this Bacon AK:

...Assuming the Bacon does not constitute variant parts of an AK action.

Cheers,
    Sand
    Nothing I say is sarcastic. Especially not this signature!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer icedragonmx's Avatar
    Would be nice if you could get the replica suppressors and black rifles into the main stream population. Maybe then people would not be such fudds. Conditioning the population to seeing something every day might change there views on its use. I was getting strange looks with a short 10/22 krinker on the weekend but when they tried it they loved it. Just cause it looks scary is no reason to ban it! I would love to have a rifle that won't damage my hearing:D
    Wishing for a endless supply of ammo........

Alberta Defence Force - Liberal Welcoming Committee
    Would be nice if you could get the replica suppressors and black rifles into the main stream population. Maybe then people would not be such fudds.
    It would be even nicer to get real silencers into the mainstream population. To that end Remington actually purchased a silencer company in the USA. This is the first step to making silencers a mainstream item in the hunting and shooting community.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer icedragonmx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    It would be even nicer to get real silencers into the mainstream population. To that end Remington actually purchased a silencer company in the USA. This is the first step to making silencers a mainstream item in the hunting and shooting community.
    That is the end dream! One step at a time... Maybe then we can take a suppressed AR-15 shooting in the fields. Rem bought AAC?
    Wishing for a endless supply of ammo........

Alberta Defence Force - Liberal Welcoming Committee
    Rem bought AAC?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sand Man View Post
    Fake suppressor, just as legal as this Bacon AK:

...Assuming the Bacon does not constitute variant parts of an AK action.

Cheers,
    Sand
    THATS how they should pack SKS's! F&$* smelly cosmoline.
    "I am the sword of my family,
    and the shield of my nation.
    If sent, I will crush all you have built,
    Burn all that you love,
    and kill every one of you!"

CGN Regular
    They're legal to own....They're tacticool and don't bring down the dB...If it was a ported barrel within the "fake can" Not good to own.......It will muffle the weapons signature.
    If it's a straight pipe, good to go.....some people will argue that if you extend the barrel, it dampens the weapons signature.....

YES it will attract attenton.....
    If seen by a cop, they may with hold your weapon system and "fake can" for testing until "they" are convinced that it doesn't lower the dB.......

We should be able to use these "suppressors"...... At our range we get complaints about the noise frequently. That's why actual suppressors should be legal......Keep the anti's quiet....like a suppressor........

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by suputin View Post
    it would be even nicer to get real silencers into the mainstream population.
    +1

__________________________________________________ _____________

BANNED
    i cant find which one, but if i remember correctly, theres a canadian gun retailer who sells them on his website...

I also don't see the use...
    i would certainly think "look at this guy with his fake suppressor, thats ####ing lame"
    im always against faking the funk...

Speaking to a friend of mine at the CFO regarding the topic, the law states that " device or contrivance designed or intended to muffle or stop the sound or report of a firearm" is a prohibited weapon. Two ways of looking at it he said, "TECHNICALLY" speaking, if the mock suppressor decreases the audible noise of a firearm by any amount, that is in direct violation of the law, however; because the mock suppressor has no baffles, and fits no common modern design for generic suppressors it is usually categorized in the same sense as a flash hider, compensator etc... So technically speaking it is not illegal, but like most firearm legality questions, it all depends on how they feel that given day with regards to what they want to do to you. I personally would hate to find out that I'm being charged with possession of a prohib in canada, wouldn't be nice.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast