Thread: Broken Chinese 'Type 56' SKS?

Broken Chinese 'Type 56' SKS?

Hi John,

I received my Chinese Type 56 Semi-Auto Rifle and the ammunition today. I am pretty happy with the effectiveness of the order being processed. However, I notice that the rifle can't close its bolt completely once it is loaded. And the bullet in the chamber can't be ejected once I pull back the bolt.

Is this rifle broken or the ammunition I ordered does match?

The ammunition I ordered is: ASC39A4 7.62x39mm

BTW. Does anyone have the same problem?
    Last edited by ericling; 11-08-2010 at 10:51 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer svt1940's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericling View Post
    Hi John,

I received my Chinese Type 56 Semi-Auto Rifle and the ammunition today. I am pretty happy with the effectiveness of the order being processed. However, I notice that the rifle can't close its bolt completely once it is loaded. And the bullet in the chamber can't be ejected once I pull back the bolt.

Is this rifle broken or the ammunition I ordered does match?

The ammunition I ordered is: ASC39A4 7.62x39mm

BTW. Does anyone have the same problem?
    Did you clean your SKS completely before loading it? Also, you must let the bolt to slap foward on his own without retaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by svt1940 View Post
    Did you clean your SKS completely before loading it? Also, you must let the bolt to slap foward on his own without retaining it.
    You are right. It was my mistake. Thank you so much.

Clean the gun thoughly then when you think its done, start from scratch and clean it again. The cosmoline(grease) thats on your gun is great for storage etc not so great when your about to use it. Make sure you take the piston in the handguard out and clean that, it will be coated with cosmo. Have fun shooting!

man ur brave dude for loading live ammo i assume in your house. Even though i know my firing pin rattles like it should im not going to risk a slam fire in my house...lol
    @seawolfarms on Instagram

BANNED
    Check to ensure that the barrel is pressed fully into the reciever...I have an SKS with that problem...it should be 1/8" farther into the reciever...Now it is a dewat for CFSC training.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cptseawolf View Post
    man ur brave dude for loading live ammo i assume in your house. Even though i know my firing pin rattles like it should im not going to risk a slam fire in my house...lol
    am i like the only one who still shoots guns in my house?

Quote Originally Posted by cptseawolf View Post

X2, IMHO this is not something that should be done.

I have seen an SKS with a sticky not quite closed bolt go off once at the range when the bolt was manually pushed closed.

Assuming the safety is off once the trigger is pulled and the sear disengaged there is nothing to stop the rifle from firing when the bolt closes.
    "He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine