Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the "Sold" list ?

Why the "Sold" list ?

I agree that its good advertising listing what the consumer has "missed", but when the number of "sold" far out-numbers the current and sits there for months on end, means an unkempt site.

Dwayner

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sgt.rock's Avatar
    rather annoying. I called one of the sponsors in September to buy one of the rifles they had on the used list. The guy said......."Uh......Duh...........that rifle is sold."
    I said "Oh Darn, I just missed it" and he replied " actually , we haven't updated the website since APRIL" I hung up. They are off my list of people I will spend money on. If you go through the trouble of MAKING A WEBSITE, then pay money to put that website on a place where 60 thousand gun nutz browse for guns (many of which are in rural areas that rely on mail order purchases for guns......ME) and don't have the sense to update the site , OR AT LEAST DELETE THE GUNS THAT YOU SOLD MONTHS AGO, then you are either too busy for my liking, or too stunned to breathe.
    My Grandfather always said " Kid...............if you meet more than one arsehole in a day, chances are you are the arsehole. "

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    That's annoyed me too. Honestly, it only takes like 2 seconds to delete the HTML for those listings.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

Thanks for the replies.
    I now remember why I do not frequent this site any longer.
    Bye bye and good luck, Marstar.

Dwayner

Expired Business
    FUZZ;
    I did not realize that our marking "sold out" on certain items was causing you such anxieties.... I apologize.
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    John, the issue isn't that the items showing as sold out are causing us anxieties, it's the fact that if the site isn't kept updated, and we don't know when it was last updated, so we don't know if it is current or not. And granted, we could call and ask or send an email if there's something we want, but more often than not people just won't bother. Also, by having the site cleaned up of old stuff, it makes it easier to see what you do have instead of having to search through a list.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

Yeah I had the same problem, was trying to buy one of John's fn1949 from he's vault, I emailed him to double check if he still have it the answer came back like this: "as it stated on the website it's available" kind of like duh you can't read?? How the heck should I know when the list doesn't change for months... Got to love the customers first attitude..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer the_klenzer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    FUZZ;
    I did not realize that our marking "sold out" on certain items was causing you such anxieties.... I apologize.
    John
    Hey John, I posted some other website related feedback in the other thread, but here's another perspective on your sold list:
    The first time I saw your site, maybe a couple months ago, I also saw the list with lots and lots of sold guns, and only a few in stock, and (being new to the gun world and not knowing the size of your business) thought "wow, this guy has got NO stock whatsoever! No point in spending any time here."

Fortunately, spending some time on the forum, I realized that wasn't the case at all. But the point is, if I was thinking it, I'm not the only person thinking it.

And FWIW, I think these people who are complaining are actually giving you great constructive criticism and feedback because they think your business is worth it. If one person is saying it, hundreds are thinking it.

Cheers!

i actually like the fact that all items whether sold or not are listed. from this i can get a better understanding as to what the going rate is for said item. i feel this serves as a great reference point; as supposed to other sites that have no info just the few items on inventory. finally, it shows that Marstar has been in the business for along time, and has gained the trust of their customers. For these reasons i hope they are not deleted. that's my two cents.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Coyote Ugly's Avatar
    I really like the Marstar Website and the Sold listings as it's the best reference for price, history of the item, pictures, comparisons, etc. All gun auction sites have pictures, descriptions and realized prices. If you take it away, it's like ripping pages out of a book. Please keep it as is.
    Excellent Website John!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast