Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: John- why not address a lot of negative comments and revise the Marstar website?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    If this is how you react to a minor irritation, wtf are you gonna do when something serious comes along in your so-called life? I don't know whether to laugh or cry when i see crap like this. This is what our country is turning into: a bunch of whiney brats raised with no manners, just a massive sense of entitlement. God help us.
    And I see it every day, infecting people everywhere....
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Yes, but the website does suck. An incomprehensible muddle of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyeo View Post
    Holy Geeez... yet another bash Marstar thread... Why can't the happy customers be repeat customers and the unhappy customers or would be's just go somewhere else? Why the constant need to call John out on a forum? If John didn't have to repeatedly defend himself against ridiculous questions and complaints then maybe Marstar would have the chance to become even more efficient. Seems that 90% of the complaints are just so pure idiotic, John must be exhausted dealing with this. Everytime I've dealt with Marstar I've been more than happy and the one time there was an issue (albiet a small one) it was taken care of quickly and I had my gun in no time less. If you're not happy with John and the team at Marstar then take your business somewhere else... I wish you good luck trying to find half of the cool stuff John has brought in for us.
    Wow, are you speaking on Marstars behalf? I would hope not, as it would not be good for business to tell the people that pay the bills (consumers) to take their business ( $$$$ ) elsewhere.

Every business owner should be prepared for constructive and or non-constuctive criticism, and I think John is doing just fine without your ##### off attitude.

Thanks for coming, bye now.

peace...

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    NNTW;
    "You''re the expert in the business.... as you don't hesitate to point out."
    Oh my, if I'm so smart why don't I completely retire.... I'm no expert, just someone who has been around for an awful long time.... But thanks for the compliment

"But it seems that there's a pretty consistent theme in a lot of would be customers' posts: the Marstar website needs work."
    I agree with you, we are looking at many solutions....
    Some time ago we started removing from the site items that were out of stock even if new shipments were due.... As a result we got tons of e mails, are you carrying ### any more, what happened, etc, etc....

It would seem if we leave the items on we catch hell, we take them off we receive a deluge of enquiries, if you have ideas we will gladly listen....
    John
    The biggest issue I find with the website is the organization. Remove any product you are not planning on stocking any longer, anything that is simply out of stock move it to a category labelled "Out of Stock" or "Soon to be Available" or something similar... and make sure all categories are complete. A generic ladder style category would suffice even as long as the ladder of links wasn't too long, and made sense going from generic to specifics.. The website currently is possible to find things, but sometimes you have to look through a couple links before finding it. Lastly a search function, but only if it works well - if it doesn't, don't bother putting one up (there are lots of bad ones out there..)

I am very appreciative of what you bring to us, and the website is functional, but it would help those who just want to know what is available for sale now to have less "clutter" in the way.

Thanks John!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Yes, but the website does suck. An incomprehensible muddle of crap.
    Right. Maybe you are exagerating a bit, whaddaya think?

What exactly is incomprehensible to you? Point it out. I seem to be able to navigate and understand the whole thing without any serious concerns and I'm not particularly gifted. I can't say I even saw anything really negative on the site. You guys lead sheltered lives.

I could explain the parts that are confusing you for a small consultancy fee. PM, maybe we can do a deal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer the_klenzer's Avatar
    I'm new to CGN but not new to the internet, so here's a couple of my cents...

Compared to most of the Canadian gun store websites, Marstar's site is actually pretty decent. However, that's because most of the rest of the sites out there are abomanably bad, and look like they were made in the 90's and haven't been updated since.

Running a business AND maintaining a website isn't easy, so its understandable why some things go out of date.

The best thing for Marstar to do would be to hire a casual part time web designer (there are probably 100's of web design graduates who would work for ammo), talk to them once a week/month and give them a list of updates.

That's what I do with the websites for my business, and has worked out well, as otherwise I was always 3 months out of date. Cheap, easy, fast.

A full overhaul would be great, but IMHO isn't totally needed.

Good luck, and hoping to buy a PPS50 from you sometime soon!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_klenzer View Post

Compared to most of the Canadian gun store websites, Marstar's site is actually pretty decent. However, that's because most of the rest of the sites out there are abomanably bad, and look like they were made in the 90's and haven't been updated since.
    Yes, but most are a lot smaller than Marstar, even using Marstar as a supplier. A company this size should have a better organized website.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

Scribe
    You can't stop here. This is bat country.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_klenzer View Post
    I'm new to CGN but not new to the internet, so here's a couple of my cents...

Running a business AND maintaining a website isn't easy, so its understandable why some things go out of date.

The best thing for Marstar to do would be to hire a casual part time web designer (there are probably 100's of web design graduates who would work for ammo), talk to them once a week/month and give them a list of updates.

That's what I do with the websites for my business, and has worked out well, as otherwise I was always 3 months out of date. Cheap, easy, fast.

A full overhaul would be great, but IMHO isn't totally needed.

Good luck, and hoping to buy a PPS50 from you sometime soon!
    Hey, dude, good to see you here, welcome.
    Owning is easy; it's doing that's hard. Remember that advice on the internet often comes from people who own things...but are not especially skilled in their use.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Straightforward web ordering would make me spend money at Marstar.
    Semper Fi

I don't have a problem with Marstar's web site however, I sure would like to see ordering on line. I have had a case where my fax wasn't even actioned (This was a couple of years ago). Now I follow up my faxes with an email. I believe John doing his best to keep us happy and Marstar is sure easier to deal with than Wholesale Sports.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast