Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: John- why not address a lot of negative comments and revise the Marstar website?

You know what ive noticed... he has absolutely no problem moving products. Thats the only thing that matters...not if has a pretty website. He provides a good product at a good price if you don't like it, don't buy it....more for me.

I work for an online motorcycle parts distribution motorcycle parts company and I can tell you what people think is a simple case of just "change thi" or "do that" is nothing of the sort.

We just recently re-released our website and it took well over a year to plan and excite this site. Not to mention for things like stock status you would need to integrate that with your back end an inventory control system which is a whole other issue.
    I agree that the site is hard to navigate and for an online retailer this is a BIG no no.

I have yet to buy from them but don't choose not to based on there website.
    "Tolerance is the last virtue of a dieing society" - Aristotle
    "When life expectancy is measured in seconds, the police are only minutes away." - Deuce044

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mmauto View Post
    You know what ive noticed... he has absolutely no problem moving products. Thats the only thing that matters...not if has a pretty website. He provides a good product at a good price if you don't like it, don't buy it....more for me.
    How much more do you think he could move if people knew exactly what was available, and wouldn't have to call to ask if they have it or not? His sales reps would be faster at doing their jobs if the ambiguity was taken away. If they had an online "shopping cart" style ordering system, they could make even more money by people not having to call or send in an order.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Red Herring's Avatar
    I love Marstars site. It does take some getting used to, but the eye candy is worth it. John should make it easier for people to spend their cash, after all, online shopping is huge, and people tend to buy from not only where it's cheapest, but also from where it's easiest. Shopping cart checkout, and order tracking are incredible incentives to shop online, and many an impulse purchase has been done by ease of transaction.

Maybe it's a PITA, but as a business owner I would think the rewards are worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    How much more do you think he could move if people knew exactly what was available, and wouldn't have to call to ask if they have it or not? His sales reps would be faster at doing their jobs if the ambiguity was taken away. If they had an online "shopping cart" style ordering system, they could make even more money by people not having to call or send in an order.
    While that is a valid point, I have no doubt that he has considered that and the cost of changing his system over out weighs the capital gains from an slightly widened profit margin. Also there will always be people who want to talk to a 'real' person so he has to pay them regardless. Most of his items sell them selves and the only issue is due to availability case and point: NP:29. Anyways this is all speculation from a kid who is bored in class...

God Damm It I just got the frackin website figuired out AND now u guys what it changed or fix.

Don't listen to them johnone they are blowing smoke up your azz

Joking aside for a tech impaired guy, marstar.ca has been one of the easier site to get around on.

All though i am sure they are sick of me calling and asking if my fax when though. ( Wifee got tried of holding my hand though fax sending,God it would so much easier if she would do it.)

Thanx fer the great service i have received from marstar.
    "In Mortal Combat...There are NO 2nd Place Winners"

In my house I AM the BOSS...and i have my wife's permission to say so !

I hope everyone also takes the time away from criticism to also thank John for the decades of tireless service he has brought to Canadaians. From importers, wholesalers across the world, to classification issues, to cranky customers. John has done a trememndous service bringing in firearms and working towards proper classification with the dough heads at the firearms lab. If we had more people like John a long time ago we would have AK's, and SVD's here. Of course a nicer website would rock John, I don't like it either BUT I still check it weekly for deals and what's coming up.
    Protect our freedoms and fight for our new found rights and the ones we still do not have.

i dont have a problem finding stuff, i guess the only thing i would do is add a checkout system instead of the form they use now. its not that big of a deal tho that countless threads need to be made about it. John is in the gun business not the web site design business.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    The website isn't that bad.

Although Chewbaca behind the MG is a bit strange (I gather it's a beaver?). Also the site does sometimes seem a bit like a Yuppie garage sale. Nothing's for sale but look at all the cool stuff we have!!

But then again I know these things come in lots and they might not be for sale now, but might show up later.

That being said, I can find my way around it just fine. It does the job.

Expired Business
    SHOPPING CART ON OUR SITE;
    Let me put forth one point we are considering....
    you place your purchases in your cart, add the total, and select shipping....

As an example you stipulate Canada Post, which would cost X....

Fine but at the present time the invoicing dept is always on the lookout for the cheapest shipping rate, would you want the computer making that decision ?

If you are ordering ammo as one client today did, the ware a spread of $750. on the shipping from the highest to lowest rate, would you want the computer making the selection ?

IF this is what our customers want, this is what we can do.... Less work for the invoicing staff....
    John

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast