Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: John- why not address a lot of negative comments and revise the Marstar website?

BANNED

John- why not address a lot of negative comments and revise the Marstar website?

John:

You''re the expert in the business.... as you don't hesitate to point out.

But it seems that there's a pretty consistent theme in a lot of would be customers' posts: the Marstar website needs work. Even some of the people who worship the ground you walk on agree.

You must have better things to do than constantly defend Marstar.ca. Hard to believe it's pleasant for you, or good for business. Why not take the step and make the site relevant and useful to your customers?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nntw View Post
    John:

You''re the expert in the business.... as you don't hesitate to point out.

But it seems that there's a pretty consistent theme in a lot of would be customers' posts: the Marstar website needs work. Even some of the people who worship the ground you walk on agree.

You must have better things to do than constantly defend Marstar.ca. Hard to believe it's pleasant for you, or good for business. Why not take the step and make the site relevant and useful to your customers?
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

Expired Business
    NNTW;
    "You''re the expert in the business.... as you don't hesitate to point out."
    Oh my, if I'm so smart why don't I completely retire.... I'm no expert, just someone who has been around for an awful long time.... But thanks for the compliment

"But it seems that there's a pretty consistent theme in a lot of would be customers' posts: the Marstar website needs work."
    I agree with you, we are looking at many solutions....
    Some time ago we started removing from the site items that were out of stock even if new shipments were due.... As a result we got tons of e mails, are you carrying ### any more, what happened, etc, etc....

It would seem if we leave the items on we catch hell, we take them off we receive a deluge of enquiries, if you have ideas we will gladly listen....
    John

BANNED
    Why don't you retire? you'll have to answer that one yourself. Maybe you'd miss the opportunity to be berated on line and reciprocate accordingly.

You're the expert- you DO point that out repeatedly. And sorry, that did sound a bit snide on my part. But maybe you SHOULD point out that you ARE the expert, since someone sitting in Etobicoke wondering why the @$% he dosn't have his M14a yet doesn't know what goes on to get it here.

Still, there doesn't seem to be the negative buzz around other retailers' websites. Marstar could figure out what to do if the company wanted to- just look at what works for other organizations.

I didn't post to create another 'marstar sucks' thread- I honestly wonder why you don't just clean up your site. It could be a showpiece for your products and services, not a source of frustration for customers and the merchant alike.
    Last edited by nntw; 11-11-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: spelling and emphasis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    NNTW;
    "You''re the expert in the business.... as you don't hesitate to point out."
    Oh my, if I'm so smart why don't I completely retire.... I'm no expert, just someone who has been around for an awful long time.... But thanks for the compliment

"But it seems that there's a pretty consistent theme in a lot of would be customers' posts: the Marstar website needs work."
    I agree with you, we are looking at many solutions....
    Some time ago we started removing from the site items that were out of stock even if new shipments were due.... As a result we got tons of e mails, are you carrying ### any more, what happened, etc, etc....

It would seem if we leave the items on we catch hell, we take them off we receive a deluge of enquiries, if you have ideas we will gladly listen....
    John
    Well, leave the items on that you do regularly keep a stock of, and take the ones off that are only a one time thing (i.e. used guns, John's Gun Vault stuff, special clearance, etc).
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

The website could use a little better organization. Sometimes it is a little hard to find items you are looking for, but usually with a little digging I can find them. Also, I have gotten used to he website now and can usually find what I am looking for....but it didn't always work out like that for me when I was new to the site!!! :D

CGN frequent flyer Farlsincharge's Avatar
    The website isn't that bad, and the out of stock doesn't bother me too much as at least I know it may be an option in the future.
    The fact that the CLP is always on top of "whats new" is annoying though.

However, until there is a shopping cart style checkout and that dreadful order form still exists, I'm just window shopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle160 View Post
    Who the hell wants to ever share a taxi, bus, plane or any other piece of realestate with this "rehabilitatable" member of society. Count me out, medication or not. Lock him up in a steel room and feed him jello through the bars with a slingshot. This guy ain't rainman, he cut off someone's head.
    SERVE AND PROTECT? More like FINE AND COLLECT!

Quote Originally Posted by Farlsincharge View Post
    However, until there is a shopping cart style checkout and that dreadful order form still exists, I'm just window shopping.
    A shopping cart option would be a very good idea, I rather have that then filling out a form and faxing or emailing it (security reasons) when it comes to my credit card information. At least this way you could tabulate taxes, shipping and overall cost of your purchase before hitting the send button.

Holy Geeez... yet another bash Marstar thread... Why can't the happy customers be repeat customers and the unhappy customers or would be's just go somewhere else? Why the constant need to call John out on a forum? If John didn't have to repeatedly defend himself against ridiculous questions and complaints then maybe Marstar would have the chance to become even more efficient. Seems that 90% of the complaints are just so pure idiotic, John must be exhausted dealing with this. Everytime I've dealt with Marstar I've been more than happy and the one time there was an issue (albiet a small one) it was taken care of quickly and I had my gun in no time less. If you're not happy with John and the team at Marstar then take your business somewhere else... I wish you good luck trying to find half of the cool stuff John has brought in for us.

Quote Originally Posted by nntw View Post
    Why don't you retire? you'll have to answer that one yourself. Maybe you'd miss the opportunity to be berated on line and reciprocate accordingly.

You're the expert- you DO point that out repeatedly. And sorry, that did sound a bit snide on my part. But maybe you should point out that you ARE the expert, since someone sitting in Etobicoke wondering why the @$% he doens't have his M14a yet doesn't know what goes on to get it here.

Still, there doesn't seem to be the negative buzz around other retailers' websites. Marstar could figure out what to do if the company wanted to- just look at what works for other organizations.

I didn't post to create another 'marstar sucks' thread- I honestly wonder why you don't just clean up your site. It could be a showpiece for your products and services, not a source of frustration for customers and the merchant alike.
    If the Marstar website is a serious source of frustration in your life, then all i can say is you really need to get a new life. Try online gaming, maybe.

For crying out loud - it's a flucking website!! What am i missing here? It's not a social club or a daycare centre. You can see everything on it in 15 - 20 minutes, max. Look and leave. It's not rocket science.

If this is how you react to a minor irritation, wtf are you gonna do when something serious comes along in your so-called life? I don't know whether to laugh or cry when i see crap like this. This is what our country is turning into: a bunch of whiney brats raised without manners, just a massive sense of entitlement. God help us.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast