Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: John- why not address a lot of negative comments and revise the Marstar website?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Northman999's Avatar
    I've shopped at Marstar several times and I'll continue to do so.

Their website is about on par with many other sites selling similar products.

I have noticed that firearms related businesses in general (NOT at all just Marstar) do have a very bad habit of not updating their websites nearly reguarly enough, so that things are either listed as "in stock" when they are not, or listed as "out of stock" for months or years. This is very frustrating. NOBODY likes to pull up a page of pistols and see them all out of stock for months at a time. Anyone with a web site should be updating it regularly (every couple of days) to quickly let shoppers know when an item is out of stock. Items that are out and will not be replaced for longer than a couple of weeks should be either completely removed, or all moved to an "inactive items" section of the web site that is separate from the shopping section. There's no such thing as "good clutter".

I do kind of get the feeling that some vendors are purposely posting things on their sites (or leaving them there) that they know they will never have again (or not for years) just to add eye candy to their sites and draw people in. Definitely dirty pool in my books. Norinco Type 97 rifles are still listed on a webiste many of us know, but just listed as "Out of Stock".

Fully automated check out really is a positive step forward for any on-line vendor that does not have it yet, period. Being able to make purchases 24/7 instantly gets more people to buy more things than having to call back on Monday morning during Eastern time business hours for example.
    Last edited by Northman999; 12-10-2010 at 03:28 PM.
    NFA, CPC, Carcross Rod and Gun Club, Yukon Fish & Game Association
    Only the Conservative Party of Canada is NOT trying to take your guns away!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678