Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I use this ammo at TSE?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar
    A semi-jacketed bullet consisting of a metallic jacket and a lead core, had the same issue with S&B 7.62x39 at the edge when i first brought it in, after they did some background checks on it they let me fire it there
    The Only good Zombie is a dead zombie. Unless that zombie is in a room full of liberal pigs, enjoy your gun control. - Jwirecom109 (ME!)
    A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.” - Ayn Rand

The are lead core with a thin steel jacket. Same as most S&B ammo.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Ngyukon View Post
    I bought some of the MFS ammo in .308, 223 and 7.62x39mm. The bullets all stick to a magnet!
    Most likely becuase of the steel casing and not the actual bullet., did you pull a bullet and try?

The pulled bullet sticks to a magnet, but it could be the metal jacket. Anyways, I have been shooting this ammo at The Shooting Edge and the staff said it is okay. There was the occasional spark at the back drop.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pizdets17's Avatar
    yeah I got some coming in the mail....
    Buy quality once or keep buying crap forever..

I was turned down at the edge where I'm a member when I brought In some mfs 762 x 39 soft point ammo. The magnet stuck so it was a no go. They were following the rules and that is fine but I was mad because I was sure it was lead core. I just pulled one and cut it open. It's all lead core with a mild steel jacket coated with copper. I'm goin to stop by and show them as I'm sure fmj lead core is fine but might spark a little.
    Proud member of the CSSA

I am really not sure why the case makes any difference

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.4x4 View Post
    I was turned down at the edge where I'm a member when I brought In some mfs 762 x 39 soft point ammo. The magnet stuck so it was a no go. They were following the rules and that is fine but I was mad because I was sure it was lead core. I just pulled one and cut it open. It's all lead core with a mild steel jacket coated with copper. I'm goin to stop by and show them as I'm sure fmj lead core is fine but might spark a little.

So what is the verdict on MFS soft point ammo for use in the range? I mean its soft point even though the case is zinc plated steel.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.4x4 View Post
    Aboslutely NOT!

We have had two small contained fires here due to "lightly" sparking 7.62x39 ammo.

If it's steel jacketed, it CANNOT be shot here.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Well at least its clear now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Aboslutely NOT!

We have had two small contained fires here due to "lightly" sparking 7.62x39 ammo.

If it's steel jacketed, it CANNOT be shot here.

JR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12