Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Reclassification Status on the BD38 and BD3008?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer UCSPanther's Avatar
    I think we should bring in some closed-bolt BD 38s for the future to avoid this "open-bolt" mess.

And yes, it appears there is such an animal.
    Target sighted...Range set (Panther quote from Earth 2150)

Proud member of the mini 14 cult

"The 1990s: The other dark age" - my quote

Expired Business
    WE had the closed bolt made for the US market, whats the point.... ?
    John

hi John would you be able to get the closed bolt types ?

Expired Business
    ELVIS3006;
    If I have an order for a production run, at least 250 units, no problem....

Whether or not you will have it approved is another question.... The original production we had made for the US Market....

I would do this as a one time, one lot order as we are not very pleased with the current producer and would not accept to offer any warranty whatsoever....

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    ELVIS3006;
    If I have an order for a production run, at least 250 units, no problem....

Whether or not you will have it approved is another question.... The original production we had made for the US Market....

I would do this as a one time, one lot order as we are not very pleased with the current producer and would not accept to offer any warranty whatsoever....

John
    i understand, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Wolverine said they are transferable. Too bad this has to remain a mystery.
    We had a BD-3008 transfered, we have since been told that this was done in error!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    We had a BD-3008 transfered, we have since been told that this was done in error!
    You must be mistaken! The CFC never makes an error!!! :D

Quite the gongshow going on at the CFC sometimes....
    “Christianity preaches the infinite worth of that which is seemingly worthless and the infinite worthlessness of that which is seemingly so valued.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sometimes?
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Regular
    Easy statement to say for a gent that wasn't "age discriminated against" by the prohib grandfathering. Due to the year I was born, unless I own a Gun Store or Museum I can never own a full-auto or converted auto. The prohib status will ensure that all these historical firearms are eventually confiscated due to limited ownership. That is why I believe we should have something similar to the US "Curio and Relic" status for many of these firearms. If I have a "Collectors License" why can I not own collector firearms? Seems like a good question to me!!! That is why I would like to see many of these firearms reclassified to restricted.

For example, I can own an SSD MP44 but a converted auto MP44? The Goverment says no. At the end of the day I am a Law abiding citizen, why should I be limited in what private property I am able to own/purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    I think you're misplacing your anger a bit.

Regardless of who rocked the boat, full-auto firearms really shouldn't be prohibited to begin with, let alone semi-auto firearms that can conceivably be modified to fire in full-auto.

Hell, one of the firearms I would most enjoy owning is prohibited on three counts!

The Lercker machine-pistol! It's an open-bolt machine-pistol chambered in .25 ACP with a 104mm barrel.

Downright sexy, IMO.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by agentcq View Post
    Easy statement to say for a gent that wasn't "age discriminated against" by the prohib grandfathering. Due to the year I was born, unless I own a Gun Store or Museum I can never own a full-auto or converted auto. The prohib status will ensure that all these historical firearms are eventually confiscated due to limited ownership. That is why I believe we should have something similar to the US "Curio and Relic" status for many of these firearms. If I have a "Collectors License" why can I not own collector firearms? Seems like a good question to me!!! That is why I would like to see many of these firearms reclassified to restricted.

For example, I can own an SSD MP44 but a converted auto MP44? The Goverment says no. At the end of the day I am a Law abiding citizen, why should I be limited in what private property I am able to own/purchase?
    I'm 24 years old, bro.

I guess I'll take your mistaking me for an older gent as a compliment. :D
    If you're going through hell, keep going.