Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Reclassification Status on the BD38 and BD3008?

I just called the Firearms Tech.

Still no movement on the BD-38 status. She said that they have a specimen received for examination, but no info as to when it may be inspected.

I said that I'd call back in a month, but didn't get a positve feeling that there will be anything different at that time.

Sorry, BD owners....................

Bill

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cantom's Avatar
    Agentcq- I'm sure there are any number of older gents who have 12(2), 12(3), 12(5), 12(6) and would gladly trade them to you...for your youth.

You are way ahead of the game. A little perspective...

Quote Originally Posted by agentcq View Post
    Easy statement to say for a gent that wasn't "age discriminated against" by the prohib grandfathering. Due to the year I was born, unless I own a Gun Store or Museum I can never own a full-auto or converted auto. The prohib status will ensure that all these historical firearms are eventually confiscated due to limited ownership. That is why I believe we should have something similar to the US "Curio and Relic" status for many of these firearms. If I have a "Collectors License" why can I not own collector firearms? Seems like a good question to me!!! That is why I would like to see many of these firearms reclassified to restricted.

For example, I can own an SSD MP44 but a converted auto MP44? The Goverment says no. At the end of the day I am a Law abiding citizen, why should I be limited in what private property I am able to own/purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by cantom View Post
    Agentcq- I'm sure there are any number of older gents who have 12(2), 12(3), 12(5), 12(6) and would gladly trade them to you...for your youth.

You are way ahead of the game. A little perspective...
    So then you agree with the blatant age discrimination? Are the older folks that were able to get prohib papers some how more trustworthy/honest/safe to the public?

Its crap, and needs to be show as the discrimination it is.

Sorry Harbourone....The Feds had no interest in age, sex, race, religion, sexual preference, physical limitations, or any other makeup of our being. Their only interest was in cutting out full autos and small pistols from our society. I'm 58, and if I could go back even 20 years, at least I'd have my family alive to enjoy.

On a more positive note, you could be a resident of Britain, and have even less than what you enjoy here in Canada at this very moment. Count your blessings.

Cheers,

Older and wiser Bill

CGN Regular
    There is a huge difference between having a chance, but not using it, and being born after 1980, or immigrating to Canada after 1998.
    "The semi-automatic weapons’ menacing looks, coupled with the public’s confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons — anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun — can only increase that chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons." — Josh Sugarmann, 1988

Quote Originally Posted by eureka283 View Post
    Sorry Harbourone....The Feds had no interest in age, sex, race, religion, sexual preference, physical limitations, or any other makeup of our being. Their only interest was in cutting out full autos and small pistols from our society. I'm 58, and if I could go back even 20 years, at least I'd have my family alive to enjoy.

On a more positive note, you could be a resident of Britain, and have even less than what you enjoy here in Canada at this very moment. Count your blessings.

Cheers,

Older and wiser Bill
    Don't bring family into this. It's totally unrelated. I've lost plenty in my short 25 years and seen things most will never have to.

The whole goal was the slow removal of prohibs from Canadian collectors and shooters.

The idea of "Enjoy what you got cause it could be worse" stuff is crap too. Maybe rosa parks should have just enjoyed the fact she could be on a bus at all huh? Not the same in severity, but shows how stupid a complacent attitude sounds.

This is easily a discrimination against people under 32 that are natural born Canadians.
    Last edited by Harbourone; 04-11-2012 at 06:20 AM.

CGN Regular
    +1

I've been saying all along that this is discrimination on the basis of age and national origin. Too bad the civil liberties organizations exclude firearms from the list of things they fight for. If this was about gay marriage for only those, who were in Canada and applied prior to 1998, they would be on top of it screaming at the top of their lungs, crying murder and discrimination.
    "The semi-automatic weapons’ menacing looks, coupled with the public’s confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons — anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun — can only increase that chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons." — Josh Sugarmann, 1988

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............................. ...........

It seems to me that the likely intent is to remove certain firearms from society, although one could argue that an incidental result is a type of discrimination against a broad age group. Shame all around really...

You're absolutely right, BCBravo.

I have a copy of a drawing done by the manufacturer of the BD38, and theirs is copied from an original drawing of the MP40. The only difference is an added extension to the arm that joins the trigger group, and this must be the "semi-auto" feature. If it is, then a hacksaw would make short work of that arm........

Cheers,

Bill