Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: Reclassification Status on the BD38 and BD3008?

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    you cannot create new 12.x guns

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Ugly View Post
    Does that go for the homemade semi Stens like what Claven was making about a year ago in the Milsurp Tutorial with pics. Are they non-transferrable as well because of the open bolt?
    If it was manfactured as a semi auto only and can't take the full auto parts ie drop in then its a semi auto restricted or non restricted depending on barrel length. you can make anything and transfer if if you really want to as long as you have the class to own it and it's not a prohibited device it has to be sent in for approval though ie they make a FRT number for it. They did that with my 10/22 had to make a new FRT number because it had a 10.5 inch barrel and was non restricted they had 11 inch barrel on flie but no 10.5 then they said it must be restricted I said no its 32 inchs long so it's non restricted with the stock they took care of it over the phone so.

All that extra money dumped into mags, slings, pouches, loading tools, manuals.... F-ck F-ck F-ck!!!!!
    “Christianity preaches the infinite worth of that which is seemingly worthless and the infinite worthlessness of that which is seemingly so valued.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    If it was manfactured as a semi auto only and can't take the full auto parts ie drop in then its a semi auto restricted or non restricted depending on barrel length. you can make anything and transfer if if you really want to as long as you have the class to own it and it's not a prohibited device it has to be sent in for approval though ie they make a FRT number for it. They did that with my 10/22 had to make a new FRT number because it had a 10.5 inch barrel and was non restricted they had 11 inch barrel on flie but no 10.5 then they said it must be restricted I said no its 32 inchs long so it's non restricted with the stock they took care of it over the phone so.
    The portion of your post in bold print is not accurate, as it relates to the semi auto Stens discussed here and elsewhere.
    Your report of your personal experience with the 10/22 is no doubt correct.

CGN Regular
    I remember when I had my "mandatory house inspection" that the Alberta CFO described by BD38 to the local RCMP as being a "Gangster Gun" and "Highly in demand by criminals". Just goes to show, if it looks mean, it must be mean. School/Movie theater shootings in the US don't help either....

I have to speak to my father, he is an ex-Lawyer and current Justice of the Peace.

Please everyone right your local MP pleading this case....these have legally been in the hand of law abiding citizens for years and I don't know of one documented crime commited with them!!!
    Last edited by agentcq; 12-16-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Super Moderator
    [QUOTE=agentcq;8012263]I remember when I had my "mandatory house inspection" that the Alberta CFO described by BD38 to the local RCMP as being a "Gangster Gun" and "Highly in demand by criminals". Just goes to show, if it looks mean, it must be mean. School/Movie theater shootings in the US don't help either....

I have to speak to my father, he is an ex-Lawyer and current Justice of the Peace.

Please everyone right your local MLA pleading this case....these have legally been in the hand of law abiding citizens for years and I don't know of one documented crime commited with them!!![/QUOTE]

Any relief for the owners will likely be political. MPs, Minister of Justice. Using the T97 precdedent, compensation is a possibility.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Tell us about this "mandatory house inspection." WTF?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    It's all possible if you get to be one of the cool few of us who have "Collector Status"....
    “Christianity preaches the infinite worth of that which is seemingly worthless and the infinite worthlessness of that which is seemingly so valued.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Coyote Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    I think that refers to when you get your Restricted PAL and when you buy a Restricted gun they ask you from Miramichi what is the purpose, (1) Collecting or (2) Range Use?

The (1) Collecting Option gets you the home inspection if you don't belong to a gun club and only want to collect and not shoot.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Tell me this particular story, or another. Priming the cops with gangster sht is over the top. Pure c^untage.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.