Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: Reclassification Status on the BD38 and BD3008?

CGN Regular
    Out of curiosity, those "older" shooters who have the full spectrum of 12.X on their license; Will they be allowed to keep their 3008's as they are already prohib licensed? (assuming they have the right 12.X)

Or does this Prohib get included as something non 12.X as it's a new import (relatively speaking) and even those individuals with a 12.X are subject to this confiscation?

Quote Originally Posted by avroe View Post
    Out of curiosity, those "older" shooters who have the full spectrum of 12.X on their license; Will they be allowed to keep their 3008's as they are already prohib licensed? (assuming they have the right 12.X)

Or does this Prohib get included as something non 12.X as it's a new import (relatively speaking) and even those individuals with a 12.X are subject to this confiscation?
    AFAIK. (As far as I know )
    Nope. The last 12.2 Full Auto firearms that were allowed into the country was before 1978.... No "new" Prohibs can be added to the 12.x classes.

Hypothetically, unless they were to create a new 12.8 class by OIC, or legislation change, to allow owners to keep said rifles registered until they died (without allowances for the sale of firearms to ANYONE else). There is no way these can be saved without some sort of positive legal challenge it seems.
    “Christianity preaches the infinite worth of that which is seemingly worthless and the infinite worthlessness of that which is seemingly so valued.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

CGN Regular
    Thanks Desert Fox, that is what I had assumed, but thought i'd confirm none the less.

...it's a shame really.

Hi John.
    What is your opinion, wrt the reclassification? Please say hi to Frank for me.
    Ursula
    CCFR Member, NFA Member, CSSA Member, CPC Member.
    Arte et Marte
    Wanted. C.A. 12(3) MP38/MP40 and a PPSH41.

CGN Regular
    Hypothetical question: Can these be sold to a 12/2 license holder now...legally????
    Inquiring minds want to know :-)##

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wheaty View Post
    Hypothetical question: Can these be sold to a 12/2 license holder now...legally???? Inquiring minds want to know :-)##
    Nope. Only a dealer with the right license.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

I don't have a 12.anything but I'd happily donate some $$$ to a law firm/org that can make a concrete proposal on a course of action that will see the individuals with these weapons get to KEEP them.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Expired Business
    EME DIVA;
    I'm sorry I can't offer any additional information....
    I have not been advised as to what we are supposed to do with the remaining guns, I have noidea as to the class they fall in....
    MERRY CHRISTMAS
    John

CGN Regular
    It'll be interesting to see what happens when these letters start going out.

Has no one yet received a letter from the RCMP?

...I bet those with 3008's are likely going to try and feed as much ammo down range as possible over the holidays until the letters start arriving. Get as much usage out of them as possible. haha.

Hi John.
    Thank-you for your response, I deeply appreciate it. Merry Christmas to you and your staff.
    Ursula

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    EME DIVA;
    I'm sorry I can't offer any additional information....
    I have not been advised as to what we are supposed to do with the remaining guns, I have noidea as to the class they fall in....
    MERRY CHRISTMAS
    John
    CCFR Member, NFA Member, CSSA Member, CPC Member.
    Arte et Marte
    Wanted. C.A. 12(3) MP38/MP40 and a PPSH41.