Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Reclassification Status on the BD38 and BD3008?

I have the feeling that I was the only Woman, that at one time owned a BD38. Are there any other Gals out there?
    CCFR Member, NFA Member, CSSA Member, CPC Member.
    Arte et Marte
    Wanted. C.A. 12(3) MP38/MP40 and a PPSH41.

Super Moderator
    Accept compensation, or, file for a reference hearing and forfeit the offer of compensation. Monetary coercion to waive one's rights to legal due process.
    Terrible position for an owner to be in.
    Hope that in the event that the reference hearing is unsuccessful, the judge will order compensation?
    Maybe pass the hat, so that the an owner who files for a reference hearing could still be financially compensated?

Someone needs to do an article with an FOIA request on how much reclassification has cost the tax payer.
    yes that was Haga I just pased in turn 1

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper View Post
    Someone needs to do an article with an FOIA request on how much reclassification has cost the tax payer.
    Agreed. I'd love to see the $ associated with this.

Might a properly targeted FOIA request equally enable us to see if any firearms have been brought up for significant re-review for reclassification that was decided NOT to proceed with? (Again, they are spending our money, we have a right to see what they've been doing with it. ...although I realize they aren't likely to release any mention of anything "still undergoing review".)

If any owner has high resolution pics of their BD-38 or BD-3008 and/or PDF copies of their letter of revocation, I would appreciate copies of them for publication in an upcoming issue of the NFA's Canadian Firearms Journal. Full photo credit will be given and private info of gun owner will be protected and not published. If anyone can help out, please forward them to sgpenney@gmail.com
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers

BD38 to the smelter ??

Now that we all have turned in our beloved BD38 and are awaiting a cheque from the government I can only hope for one thing:
    Please don't send these beautiful guns to the smelter,it would make way more sense to give them to museums or even to the various police departments to be used as a back up gun for their swat teams,after all they cost the taxpayer enough money !!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M1-Garand View Post
    Now that we all have turned in our beloved BD38 and are awaiting a cheque from the government I can only hope for one thing:
    Please don't send these beautiful guns to the smelter,it would make way more sense to give them to museums or even to the various police departments to be used as a back up gun for their swat teams,after all they cost the taxpayer enough money !!
    You're kidding about these as backup guns? Museums yes, but they won't do it.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Some more ugly stuff coming this spring/summer. The reclassification wheels are turning.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Some more ugly stuff coming this spring/summer. The reclassification wheels are turning.
    Is it restricted becoming prohibited or non-restricted going straight to prohibited?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Such as ?