Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Reclassification Status on the BD38 and BD3008?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    Well... for information purposes. Back during FED UP I and FED UP II, when gun owners really didn't know what registration and the like meant, we had bus loads of people. Now that Canadian Gun Owners KNOW what is really up, a FED UP III should draw 100 times the number of gun owners the other two rallies did. If there is a FED UP III and a gun owner from Calgary or New Brunswick doesn't take the time and money to show up, they really should turn their guns in or give them to those that will stand up for the right to keep them. Owning a gun is not just a passive thing like owning a pair of shoes or a baseball glove.

I'm just a lowly peasant too. Here in the real world, given a choice between having my property stolen or defending it regardless of consequence, the choice is easy. What kind of example would I be setting for the children if one was to allow themselves (dare I say welcome it) to become a victim of state sanctioned crime. People in our families died to protect our rights and ways of life, to give in and give up is a slap in the face to any and all veterans and those that paid the ultimate price.
    “Christianity preaches the infinite worth of that which is seemingly worthless and the infinite worthlessness of that which is seemingly so valued.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Coyote Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tenringbound View Post
    UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the Firearms Tech Lab in Ottawa (ext.1090 after phoning main CFC 1800 number) and the FRT for the BD has been PULLED. NO TRANSFERS ARE POSSIBLE UNTIL THEY COMPLETE THEIR REVIEW (whenever the hell that is)
    What are they reviewing about the BD38?

They don't think the "BD" is that "Black and Decker Glue Gun" that got Registered about 10 years back??? Do they? Is that the hold up?

Is the Black and Decker Glue Gun still on the FRT?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Ugly View Post
    What are they reviewing about the BD38?

They don't think the "BD" is that "Black and Decker Glue Gun" that got Registered about 10 years back??? Do they? Is that the hold up?

Is the Black and Decker Glue Gun still on the FRT?
    no idea what they could be reviewing about it this time. this is the 2nd time it has been pulled in less than 2yrs.

Hi Gents,

As this is such a hot topic, I thought that I'd put in my two cents.

I've considered getting a BD-38, but if I had already purchased one, I'd consider applying to have it dewatted/deactivated. That way, you can still own it (or sell it). I'd hate to think that it may be too late to dump it on the market with this "hold" on.

Time will tell..........................................

I am guessing that they are trying hard to run it full auto.

take them to court. I am doing it with my walther g22 right now, court date sept.

Someone has to stand up to this abuse.
    JUST SHUT UP AND DO IT

CGN frequent flyer tenringbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanymachines View Post
    I am guessing that they are trying hard to run it full auto.

take them to court. I am doing it with my walther g22 right now, court date sept.

Someone has to stand up to this abuse.
    Thats my plan too for my BD38. I'll drag this on as long as I can and contact Sun News to throw a lot of light on the situation. Make it as big of a PITA as possible for them, deactivation of a $2800 firearm is NOT an option for me
    "Never trust a hippie" -the Sex Pistols

Thats my plan too for my BD38. I'll drag this on as long as I can and contact Sun News to throw a lot of light on the situation. Make it as big of a PITA as possible for them, deactivation of a $2800 firearm is NOT an option for me
    hey me too! i agree totally and i am not giving up. my MP Larry Miller has called me at home twice in regards to this and he supports me. thank god for him and Sun news lol!

CGN Regular
    ...almost makes me wish I had went and bought a BD38 when I still could, to at least try and pick the fight...

In the least, we can hope that the high price point of this firearm means that those who own them are likely to have the means to challenge the ruling legally.

anyone hear any news on the status? i contacted the rcmp lab and they could not tell me anything other than the obvious, "its under review sir"

I called them yesterday, and was given the same reply.

One tiny bit of good news, though....they said that the SSD-44 (copy of the MP44) did pass the classification to REMAIN as "restricted".

One down, and a couple more to go.

Cheers,

Bill