Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Reclassification Status on the BD38 and BD3008?

For those who wish a different telephone approach (rather than calling your MP), here is the direct number with the firearms guys in Ottawa:

1-800-731-4000 extension 1090

Be polite, and perhaps a great number of calls regarding this might have them open a case file of concerned owners.

Cheers,

Bill

ok get this, i called that number and i was polite and the lady on the other end was polite as well. i asked her why this firearm is under review, she said its because it was never properly reviewed in the first place WTF ? this firearm has been for sale in this country for at least 6yrs, correct me if i am wrong please. so now from what i gather we the owners of BD38 must pay for the mistakes of the rcmp not doing their job properly in the first place. if they deem this firearm to be bad or whatever we get screwed. she also said that this firearm has been under review for a few years?? i told her that about 2yrs ago the FRP# was pulled, BD38 no longer transferable until review was done, now shortly after we were told that, the review was done and the BD38 was transferable again. fast forward to now and it is under review again......am i missing something here, was the firearm transferable 2yrs ago between the last review and now? am i taking crazy pills? also, it gets better lol, she said right now they cannot complete the review because they dont have a BD38 in their lab to test, and cannot get anyone to come forward and give up their BD38 to test. i remained polite and suggested calling some retailers to see if maybe they have any left to handover lol . forgive my ignorance if this is old news and i am just catching up.

Super Moderator
    I believe that the original importer, Marstar, submitted examples of the SSD firearms, and got approval before any were offered for sale.
    You are correct; the FRT # was placed under review, was reposted, transfers occurred, and now the number is again under review.
    Anyone who submits a specimen had better be prepared to never see it again.
    Easiest way for TPBT to deal with this is to just do nothing.

CGN frequent flyer tenringbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis3006 View Post
    also, it gets better lol, she said right now they cannot complete the review because they dont have a BD38 in their lab to test, and cannot get anyone to come forward and give up their BD38 to test. i remained polite and suggested calling some retailers to see if maybe they have any left to handover lol . forgive my ignorance if this is old news and i am just catching up.
    Unbelievable. My hats off to you, I would have gone off on her by this point They've pulled the FRT and don't even have a sample they're testing?? How much are these clowns getting paid a year to pull this crap I'm sure they'll be waiting a LONG time before someone gives up his BD to these idiots, what a f*cking joke.
    "Never trust a hippie" -the Sex Pistols

this is what ive been told. perhaps someone else can call to verify, perhaps i was talking to someone who is not up to speed. 1-800-731-4000 extension 1090

When I had called her yesterday, she said that they were awaiting further info from the "manufacturer"....not from a Canadian retailer. If the manufacturer is in Germany, I'd be curious as to what they might be waiting for. Are they expecting the manufacturer to send over a specimen for examination? And how would it get into Canada in the first place?

The part where it was approved 2 years ago, and now they want another kick at the can, concerns me. Will they continue to pull this every once in a while until someone says.........PROHIBITED.....?

Bill

this whole thing stinks, these people need to be reigned in.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by eureka283 View Post
    For those who wish a different telephone approach (rather than calling your MP), here is the direct number with the firearms guys in Ottawa:

1-800-731-4000 extension 1090

Be polite, and perhaps a great number of calls regarding this might have them open a case file of concerned owners.

Cheers,

Bill
    i agree, lets get more people calling.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eureka283 View Post
    When I had called her yesterday, she said that they were awaiting further info from the "manufacturer"....not from a Canadian retailer.
    Bill
    Seeing how manufacturer is under no obligation to comply with Canadian law, I would be astounded if they actually responded. And what would it be worth, considering that every bloody product on this planet carries a disclaimer 'Specification subject to change without notice'. OMG, this is insane and is sounding more and more David Olofson.
    "The semi-automatic weapons’ menacing looks, coupled with the public’s confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons — anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun — can only increase that chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons." — Josh Sugarmann, 1988

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    We know, they know, that no manufacturer will cooperate with those with the sole purpose of ending sales. They blame manufacturer and make no decision...ever. Transfer every one of those Librocrats to tha Arctic!
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.