Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81820212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Reclassification Status on the BD38 and BD3008?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer wayupnorth's Avatar
    i dont wanna scare anyone who got their guns "reclassified" but i got the same letter about 20 years ago.
    no big deal, turned in my gun to the local RCMP station and went on with my life.

i found out 15 years later (5 years ago) when i noticed that it was always taking longer for my new restricted purchases to go through that i had a invisible 'flag' on my account with the CFO.
    it seems that since i had been issued that letter 20years ago that made me a bad fella.

funny thing was, the girl working at the CFO told me this.... and i dont think she was suppose to!
    she then asked if she could ask the main office out east if this could be removed from my file, since it wasnt really do to anything i did, i said hell ya! do it!

i never heard anything back about it and when i called and asked later the CFO office said they had no idea what i was talking about.

so just to put a little scare into ya all, if you get a gun pulled do to reclassification welcome to the elite club of the invisible flagged minority!
    Things either are what they appear to be;
    or they neither are, nor appear to be;
    or they are, and do not appear to be;
    or they are not, and yet appear to be.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by wayupnorth View Post
    i dont wanna scare anyone who got their guns "reclassified" but i got the same letter about 20 years ago.
    no big deal, turned in my gun to the local RCMP station and went on with my life.
    I don't want to point finger (especially not to you), but if you are going to comply with the Police, don't put "MOLON LABE" in your signature, it's a bit hypocritical...

so just to put a little scare into ya all, if you get a gun pulled do to reclassification welcome to the elite club of the invisible flagged minority!
    should there be any pride in this ?

i found out 15 years later (5 years ago) when i noticed that it was always taking longer for my new restricted purchases to go through that i had a invisible 'flag' on my account with the CFO.
    it seems that since i had been issued that letter 20years ago that made me a bad fella.

funny thing was, the girl working at the CFO told me this.... and i dont think she was suppose to!
    she then asked if she could ask the main office out east if this could be removed from my file, since it wasnt really do to anything i did, i said hell ya! do it!

i never heard anything back about it and when i called and asked later the CFO office said they had no idea what i was talking about.

Situations like this, justify the use of my tin foil hat. Good thing I sold all my guns months ago..........

CGN Ultra frequent flyer wayupnorth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by x0ra View Post
    I don't want to point finger (especially not to you), but if you are going to comply with the Police, don't put "MOLON LABE" in your signature, it's a bit hypocritical...

should there be any pride in this ?
    do you really find that sig to be Molon Labe?
    huh.... ive used it for years and i never saw it as that.
    i just see it as a neat way to describe everything, everything must fit into one of those 4 examples.... not a refusal to surrender.
    im honestly not seeing where ya see that in that sig at all.
    maybe Molon Labe means something different in QC.
    Molon Labe - Come and Take Them
    Things either are what they appear to be;
    or they neither are, nor appear to be;
    or they are, and do not appear to be;
    or they are not, and yet appear to be.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    VZ-58 manufacture;
    When we had them manufactured we used new, un-assembled, never used barreled receivers, we were therefore making new guns....
    It is our understanding that some complete rifle imported by others were manufactured using existed firearms, these have since been declared converted automatics....
    John

John, could you clarify this for me please!
    Are you saying that ALL VZ58's that were first imported are now classified as converted autos? Even the ones you imported and sold? Or is it just the rifles sold by other importers that have been reclassified?

Thanks.
    Last edited by KDG; 04-21-2013 at 10:07 PM.
    Happiness is a warm gun
    Bang bang, shoot shoot.

The Beatles, 1968

BANNED
    what are you talking about with vz 58s?

Expired Business
    KGD;
    "John, could you clarify this for me please! I will certainly try....

Are you saying that ALL VZ58's that were first imported are now classified as converted autos? NO please read what I posted, in reply to many questions I simply qualified our standards and procedures, I cannot speak to what others did or did not do....

Even the ones you imported and sold? Or is it just the rifles sold by other importers that have been reclassified? Here again we venture into uncharted waters, Marstar has not received any notices from the CFC, we have not been advised of any changes to the FRT (only what we found out from customers)

In short, we are as in the dark as you are, I'm certain we will hear from Ottawa when they are ready.

John
    Last edited by johnone; 04-22-2013 at 10:21 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    More like "We'll hear from Ottawa when least convenient for us".
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    I'm guessing some of the vz58's are high on the RCMP wish list.
    Im really hoping not as I have a bunch of accessories waiting on my first VZ-58.
    "Optimists these days learn English, pessimists learn Chinese, but realists learn how to operate an AK-47."

BANNED
    do you really find that sig to be Molon Labe?
    huh.... ive used it for years and i never saw it as that.
    i just see it as a neat way to describe everything, everything must fit into one of those 4 examples.... not a refusal to surrender.
    im honestly not seeing where ya see that in that sig at all.
    maybe Molon Labe means something different in QC.
    I meant some other poster's (who happen to be concerned by the confiscation and who was to surrender the firearm) signature, not yours specifically. My bad if there was any confusion.