John

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    RED HERRING;

How much do you need ?

We only have 5 million rds coming in, so don't delay

John

HAHAHA that just made my day :D
    God Save the Queen!

i'll take 4,999,999 of them. I think that can be classified as a reasonable personal amount. Can't it;}

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Red Herring's Avatar
    Well, I fire a million a month, and I like to have at least 6 months supply... :D

Atta boy John! Thanks a million... or five! I'm sure those 2200 cases will go F A S T !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I just started reloading 7.62x25 and I must say that it is a much nicer experience to shoot reloaded ammunition in the Tokarevs as the military ammunition is at the top of the powder charge you can put into those casings. The reason for that is obvious, they wanted to make sure that they cycle 100 % of the time under all conditions. What many people confuse with powerful round is just a hot load. A pain for the recreational shooter as the recoil is quite bad, I tried several charges and with the charge I have now, my Tokarevs are much more accurate than with the military ammo and very smooth to shoot.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Teapot's Avatar
    Hamilton, Ontario; the southern shore of Canada.
    I find the Czech ammunition to be perfect for my needs. It is a pleasure to shoot a round where one need not aim higher than the target at 50 yards or farther. The round gives almost immediate responses in the form of an audible ping on the steel if a hit is made (which is usually 8 out of 8 for me with my Norinco 54). Cycling is no problem with the ammunition. The only trouble I have is with my 1942 Izhevsk. The lacquer builds up and will cause the case to stick in the chamber after fifty rounds or so. Perhaps there is cosmoline baked into the metal of said chamber.
    Anyway, I appreciate these Czech rounds.

Having said that, I'd like to reload and have wanted to do so for a long time. Zippy has done a great job and has again renewed my interest in reloading for the Tokarev.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12