Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Not a complaint, a comment

CGN Regular
    There is normally a delay with CC as from the billed date to the posted date on your statement.

Johnone has asked me to send him an email which I did and I'm sure he will look into it. This is a non restricted and the CFO involvement is minimal, its not a restricted firearm we are talking about here. I will report back when Johnone gets back to me. I did email the same email address on Friday and didn't get a response and I did give them all the info. But you know, I have enquired several times about handguns and never got a reply from ANY dealer so email is not anyone's forte, I say that from experience. I wanted a Norinco 1911, I sent 3 email enquiries, 2 to Marstar and one to another dealer and didn't get an answer to any of them. I bought a 1911 from a CGN member, no dealer involved, got the handgun AND the registration in a week from Winnipeg.
    But I feel these sponsors of CGN get huge business from us on this forum, I have spent tons of $$$$$$$$$ on my sport. If they want the upside, business and our $$$$$$$, they must accept the downside, frustrated people, not because we wait a long time, its the total lack of any kind of communication that made me wonder.One of these SKS's is for my son's birthday, Dec 1st, I was assured I would get it way before then. Now its Nov 23rd and I dont even know IF its coming. If order dude would have said that Dec1st is unrealistic, fine, just tell me. We are not talking a $10 item, I'm shelling out good money here. Lets face it, I heard nothing until I posted a simple enquiry on here so the open forum works. I dont apologize for raising my concern. I will see what happens from now on.
    "A working class hero is something to be"
    John Lennon

Member...NRA- NFA- Conservative Party of Canada,- BC Wildlife Federation

Business Member
    I have never dealt with Marstar personally, but I have read a lot of the posts on here. From what it seems, John over there really knows his S**t. If he says he'll look into it my money would be on, he'll look into it. Give him a chance. Sometimes firearm transfers take quite a while. I just sold a Glock to a fellow on here and it took the CFC over a month to do the transfer. It's a complicated process.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Sometimes firearm transfers take quite a while. I just sold a Glock to a fellow on here and it took the CFC over a month to do the transfer. It's a complicated process.
    Again, he said the gun he bought was non-restricted. If it's a problem on the CFC's end, it still shouldn't take that long.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

Thanks guys for your comments, yes, it is a non restricted. The whole point here is lack of communication...period. I have given up on order dude's committment to have it in my warm live hands in 7 to 10 days. What is getting my tits up is total[until today] lack of communication...period. If I had been told it would take a month, so be it, I would have made my decision to purchase or not at that that. As a business, you cant stand there, hold your arms up and say its because we are busy, we are short of people, I dont care, tell me the truth, it will take a month. Dont get order dude to give a blanket "7 to 10 days, a week to 6 weeks"...TELL ME!!! Its NOT my issue if a business is so busy they cant fulfill there verbal contract, its THEIR issue, now it sounds like I'm whining.
    "A working class hero is something to be"
    John Lennon

Member...NRA- NFA- Conservative Party of Canada,- BC Wildlife Federation

Expired Business
    BANJABOY;
    1) I did not receive your personal information via e mail make certain you sent it to john@marstar.ca

2) When you asked the sales person how long it would take to get you rifle, perhaps he thought you meant the travel time involved with Canada Post, in which case his estimate would be conservative, but accurate.

There is absolutely NO WAY we can second guess the CFC/CFO on transfer time, it varies from instantly to one month....

Please send me that e mail
    John

CGN Regular
    Hi John,
    Not to hijack banjaboy's thread, but are you having e-mail issues? I've got a missing Sport B order from July and nobody has responded to my query in weeks. I e-mailed a pdf copy of the snail mail letter I posted at lunch today, if you wish to check. Screen name same as e-mail address.
    R

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike Oxbig's Avatar
    I have also sent several E-mails in the past. None were answered. I went elsewhere.
    No biggie.
    Cheers

Boys....pick up the phone once and a while...lol... I hate ordering or asking questions through email or website because you don't really know unless you get the confirmation email but then half the time its blocked...people forget to check the junk mail and freak outs occur. Just pick up the phone and ##### and moan like a proper customer!!!
    I know when i ordered from marstar the "dude" on the phone said there shipping was backed up. But i still got my item in less about a week. Not a gun though.

CGN Regular
    Got the original order confirmations, so no problem there. Not in a super hurry and like having a record of when I sent what. Besides, this way when an order goes missing like this, I know it wasn't me losing my mind and forgetting to order it in the fist place
    R

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast