Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Dear John

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by notbsd View Post
    John,

Just to give you a bit of an idea of what's involved, generally I'd start by trying to understand my customer's business process first (ie, what kind of record keeping is necessary? How is the process of a sale is handled? Is the process the same for all items, or are some items need to be handled differently from others? (In your case, yes, since firearms are handled through CFC, and have different classifications, and CFC can abort the transaction, ammo requires PAL, and other items are just sold without any additional paperwork, so at least half a dozen different business processes) What areas need to be improved? Is updating the website necessary? Does an e-mail need to go out at every step of the transaction? (In your case probably yes to both).
    Frankly, I am sure that there are people closer to Vankleek Hill then me that have the proper skill set, that you can tap for expertise, as long as you have a will to do so. People with whom you'd be able to have a NDA/non-compete, for instance.
    Nice to read some constructive statements about what COULD be done to improve things both for customers and Marstar the company. It's interesting stuff. I think Marstar could be a fascinating company to bring into the 21st century....

Another way John could get some low-cost help would be to hook up with a business school- York U, for example, requires its MBA students to do a case study on a company, essentially as a thesis. I'd suggested before, and suggest it again, that something like that could well be worthwhile for both parties- students get a look into a challenging and somewhat mysterious business, and Marstar gets some bright-eyed, bushy-tailed grad students eager to show off how smart they are.

I just don't get these threads. Frist of all, if robin wants to start a thread to speak his mind about marstar. well fine let him do that because after all we do live in a free country. it was a well writen letter but it would never change whether i would something from marstar or not.
    second John
    i don't see the need for you to jump in and defend you company everytime someone says something bad about it. I give you all the credit in the world for doing it but if it was me i would have stopped years ago.after all it is always comes down to a misunderstanding and it not your fault john. crap just happens
    I have bought from marstar and other companies above and i think it really comes down to the product and price and not what you hear or read

CGN Regular
    Hi Claven2,

I would estimate a couple dozen transactions over the years with Marstar for me too. Walking down memmory lane, I can remember picking up HK P7 mags for $45, way back when they were in stock. Many subsequent purchases went well. Some did not and John or Frank stepped in to fix things. Of late though, there seems to be a change. I'd argue that fair chances for correction had been extended. Rather than lashing out, I'd say that I'm setting a positive change of course for myself and providing a moment of reflection that could bring about similar positive changes for my ex. Much more so than a negative outburst could ever come close to doing.

I'm not overly demanding (and almost always polite). I'm not expecting a complimentary boquet of garand enbloc clips or a heart shaped box of ammo. Just a little note to let me know that they were thinking of me would have made me swoon and tided me over for a while.

Knowing that my ex has all the info needed to act and did not, I'm not sure a phone call begging for attention would have changed things and I'd just feel cheap, dirty and desperate in the end.

I'm sure that many customers are happy with their relationship with Marstar. I don't feel that i'm in their demographic anymore. I still think that I'm a geat catch as a customer and my ex, a dream vendor for some. I sincerely wish that your relationsip remains strong!

robin2y

Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    I just don't get it. I've had dozens and dozens of transaction with Marstar. Were all perfect? Of course not. But sh!t happens and we are all grownups.

Once or twice, I've run my mouth off on a forum out of frustration and John shook with anger at reading those posts I'm sure (sorry John) but in most cases I had not given Marstar a fair chance to correct the issue I had at the time. When unsatisfied we often lash out online before coming to our senses - I know I do and likely you do sometimes too if reading this.

Bottom line is every problem I ever had at Marstar was promptly and politely corrected over the phone. If that isn;t happening for you, instead try being polite when you call them

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910