Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An alternate "Dear John,"

An alternate "Dear John,"

Hi,
    New client here... and I want to thank your staff for not under promising and instead over delivering.

Late last week I decided to purchase a Chinese SKS from your firm to join another SKS that was an early Christmas present.

I phoned your establishment and the phone was picked up promptly, routed to sales and again picked up promptly. After a bit of chit chat, the deal was done. Now the tough part... any chance it'll be under my Christmas tree? I got an honest reply: we're busy, no promises, but we'll try.

By Monday, I had not seen any email notification from Canada Post, so I placed a quick call to see when it will ship, being anxious to get my toy. Again, "we'll try to get it shipped this afternoon or tomorrow morning, it's the best we can do."

My expectation was, "ya sure", and I was most pleasantly surprised when the mailman knocked on my door today.

In closing, thank you. Thanks for not making an empty promise and not committing to something that may be unrealistic. I see that as good service and smart service.

Regards,

John.

ps. The Chinese SKS is one ugly gun compared to my 56 Tula Refurb, but it's nice getting my hands on a piece of history.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    Hi,
    New client here... and I want to thank your staff for not under promising and instead over delivering.

Late last week I decided to purchase a Chinese SKS from your firm to join another SKS that was an early Christmas present.

I phoned your establishment and the phone was picked up promptly, routed to sales and again picked up promptly. After a bit of chit chat, the deal was done. Now the tough part... any chance it'll be under my Christmas tree? I got an honest reply: we're busy, no promises, but we'll try.

By Monday, I had not seen any email notification from Canada Post, so I placed a quick call to see when it will ship, being anxious to get my toy. Again, "we'll try to get it shipped this afternoon or tomorrow morning, it's the best we can do."

My expectation was, "ya sure", and I was most pleasantly surprised when the mailman knocked on my door today.

In closing, thank you. Thanks for not making an empty promise and not committing to something that may be unrealistic. I see that as good service and smart service.

Regards,

John.

ps. The Chinese SKS is one ugly gun compared to my 56 Tula Refurb, but it's nice getting my hands on a piece of history.

Congratulations you are 1 & 0 :D
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Congratulations you are 1 & 0 :D
    I figure if we can bash em, we can also give a compliment when due.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TERMINATOR101CA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post

I call BS on that part in bold.:D
    Kate Beckinsale :
    Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    I'd love to look at her Underworld!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly pete View Post
    And give it a lycan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Edward Teach's Avatar
    but it's nice getting my hands on a piece of history.
    Don't forget to tie bricks to the end of the barrel...

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin command here.

Why did she tie bricks to her SKS. WTF

Its cause you are in Ontario and can call during their business hours. Some of us that have had bad experiences with Marstar don't live in the same time zone as the company. Of course they are right there for you unlike if you are from Alberta then it sucks to be you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Coyote Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    Don't forget to tie bricks to the end of the barrel...

Multiple Choice Endings:

(A)Kung Fu (David Carradine) tied a rope to his "Barrel" and around his neck while balancing on a chair standing on one foot in a Hotel room and look what happened!

(B) When you can snatch the Two Bricks from my hand Grasshopper it is time for you to go to America and have a TV show.

(C) She heard that if she ties Bricks on to her boyfriends Schlong, it grows to triple the size!

Quote Originally Posted by HattStrat View Post
    Its cause you are in Ontario and can call during their business hours. Some of us that have had bad experiences with Marstar don't live in the same time zone as the company. Of course they are right there for you unlike if you are from Alberta then it sucks to be you.

It's pretty easy to call when they are open. Just add/subtract hours depending on what time zone your are in....

I have made orders from Marstar in the past and they have been excellent to deal with (4 and 0) at this point and all have been by phone. I live in BC and have appear to have mastered the art of calling when businesses in other time zones are open.
    Last edited by homer76; 12-24-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TERMINATOR101CA View Post
    I call BS on that part in bold.:D

wow, this is gonna get derailed quick...

were sks's made here?
    are these recent production?
    is this a firearm everyone can own? (look south)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast