Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: i have just received FSN-01F

CGN Regular

Thumbs up i have just received FSN-01F

i have just received FSN-01F(with a short military barrel) from marstar, not as short as Fsn-01k, but still... and i am not happy with it. It really looks like it is a surplus rifle, it looks like Petr Novohorodky (or what ever his name is) rummaged through used/spare parts bin and cobbled the rifle together. The folding stock is grey, receiver is reddish, the dust cover is grey, the barrel grey again, the mags are familiar bluish paint, and the front hand guard is well well used. All internal parts look very well made and brand new though. The cleaning kit is definitely well well used and cleaning rod is made of 2 parts one is new and one is old. there was some rust inside the front hand guard too. I can live with all that though, but the most serious thing is that the barrel seemed to be well used too. I started cleaning it, and the black stuff which is burnt powder (not cosmolite grease) kept coming out on and on, i gave up after 10 patches, and this is supposed to be corrosive ammo The riflings where the bullet engages riflings seem to be worned out somewhat It really looks like i got a surplus rifle assembled from spare parts. So i worried about how much life left in this barrel. I really expected to have military, but unfired barrel! after all these rifles soled as new rifles. was i wrong expecting that? I would like to return it, but I am afraid they will give me hard time, but on the other hand it says nowhere on their website that I should expects a used barrel. So shouldn’t dealer somehow indicate that a customer should expect a used barrel? My first CZ rifle was excellent, everything was brand new. You guys probably have more experience with CZ, what do you think?

never ending dirty patches leads me to think pitted barrel. Same thing happened to me with an Enfield No4 that I bought. The barrel was very dirty and after an armful of black patches it still isnt clean. Another guy bought an M44 that was the same deal. I am very sorry to hear your rifle came to you like that, I would say politely inquire the dealer as to whether this is normal or if you got a bad rifle.
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dagtaph View Post
    but the most serious thing is that the barrel seemed to be well used too. I started cleaning it, and the black stuff which is burnt powder (not cosmolite grease) kept coming out on and on, i gave up after 10 patches, and this is supposed to be corrosive ammo The riflings where the bullet engages riflings seem to be worned out somewhat It really looks like i got a surplus rifle assembled from spare parts. So i worried about how much life left in this barrel.
    all i can tell you is my FSN-01W bore is shiny and looks like a few rounds been fired thru it .

im happy with mine.

i have just received FSN-01F(with a short military barrel) from marstar, not as short as Fsn-01k, but still... and i am not happy with it. It really looks like it is a surplus rifle, it looks like Petr Novohorodky (or what ever his name is) rummaged through used/spare parts bin and cobbled the rifle together. The folding stock is grey, receiver is reddish, the dust cover is grey, the barrel grey again, the mags are familiar bluish paint, and the front hand guard is well well used. All internal parts look very well made and brand new though. The cleaning kit is definitely well well used and cleaning rod is made of 2 parts one is new and one is old. there was some rust inside the front hand guard too. I can live with all that though, but the most serious thing is that the barrel seemed to be well used too. I started cleaning it, and the black stuff which is burnt powder (not cosmolite grease) kept coming out on and on, i gave up after 10 patches, and this is supposed to be corrosive ammo The riflings where the bullet engages riflings seem to be worned out somewhat It really looks like i got a surplus rifle assembled from spare parts. So i worried about how much life left in this barrel. I really expected to have military, but unfired barrel! after all these rifles soled as new rifles. was i wrong expecting that? I would like to return it, but I am afraid they will give me hard time, but on the other hand it says nowhere on their website that I should expects a used barrel. So shouldn’t dealer somehow indicate that a customer should expect a used barrel? My first CZ rifle was excellent, everything was brand new. You guys probably have more experience with CZ, what do you think?

The reports of poor fit and finish on these rifles continue to come in. I haven't heard as many bad things about the 858 and they totally out number these rifles. Marstar was selling these as new rifles. It should have been mentioned that they were assembled of surplus parts that were used. My hand guards and grip looked well used as well. Also the finish was scratched up in parts. If you do not feel like you got what was advertised call them and ask for a refund. It seems that they stand behind their warranty. They will pay return shipping as well if I am not mistaken. Nothing to worry about.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    sell me your FSN-01K , lol .
    Last edited by Curtton; 12-30-2010 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgearms View Post
    The reports of poor fit and finish on these rifles continue to come in. I haven't heard as many bad things about the 858 and they totally out number these rifles. Marstar was selling these as new rifles. It should have been mentioned that they were assembled of surplus parts that were used. My hand guards and grip looked well used as well. Also the finish was scratched up in parts. If you do not feel like you got what was advertised call them and ask for a refund. It seems that they stand behind their warranty. They will pay return shipping as well if I am not mistaken. Nothing to worry about.
    I'm having flashbacks to the initial reports on the CZH-2003's when Marstar first brought them in.

It's like deja vu all over again.
    Whatever

CGN Regular
    mine did not look shiny at all, and the amount of dirt is not from 5 test rounds, that for sure. after cleaning the barrel is shiny now though. could you tell me if the riflings in your barrel where the bullet engages them are nice? because mine look a bit "chipped" off. I am not sure how to describe it. I am sure that it will probaly still shoot fine, i just haven't expected to get a used barrel and it says nowhere on their website that i should have expected that

CGN Regular
    i will sell you mine FSN-01F, if you what it is "new" meaning "I" have never fired it it is very gay rifle comes with multi color parts, if you use a bit of imagination it almost looks like a rainbow hi hi hi

mine did not look shiny at all, and the amount of dirt is not from 5 test rounds, that for sure. after cleaning the barrel is shiny now though. could you tell me if the riflings in your barrel where the bullet engages them are nice? because mine look a bit "chipped" off. I am not sure how to describe it. I am sure that it will probaly still shoot fine, i just haven't expected to get a used barrel and it says nowhere on their website that i should have expected that
    post some pics before you send it back so others will be able to see and decide before purchasing one of these fsn

I thought these FSN rifles were all brand new manufacture?

Please post some pics.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast