Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Transporting firearms in Calgary without a car

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggseven View Post
    Maybe this is my view because i don't any type of record. I take care not to have loose rounds or anything that would be deemed illegal. Nor do i have any friends that would be in my truck with anything illegal. Nor have i had any bad experiences with the RCMP. Only speeding in younger years, but i accepted i was breaking the law and accepted the tickets. I feel zero risk having a justifible search of my truck.
    Take all the care you want. I went through airport security with a .22 in my coat pocket. They are very small, it fell into the bottome corner where the seam is. Red light went off, police showed up, plane was delayed. Cops were fine, no big deal, i showed them my ID and my hunting licence (they didnt ask for a PAL until after seeing my hunting card). Showed them the PAL, while airport security were trying to find it in my kit, the cop and i were discussing kids and guns as I dont own a .22 but my kids do. He thought it was cool that i take them to the range, and then once the round was bagged, i packed my kit back up abnd they said have a great flight.

Wat would have happened if it was a friend who was out shooting and a they didnt have a PAL or a hunting licence? for me i was subjec to search by because i was getting onto an aircraft. My house and my car are mine. The airplane is not.

Justified doesnt mean what you think it does. A justified search is not one that starts illegal that you submit to.
    Shooter1of38 Imagine what it would be like to have two dicks.....

It's kind of like that.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by crash277 View Post
    Take all the care you want. I went through airport security with a .22 in my coat pocket. They are very small, it fell into the bottome corner where the seam is. Red light went off, police showed up, plane was delayed. Cops were fine, no big deal, i showed them my ID and my hunting licence (they didnt ask for a PAL until after seeing my hunting card). Showed them the PAL, while airport security were trying to find it in my kit, the cop and i were discussing kids and guns as I dont own a .22 but my kids do. He thought it was cool that i take them to the range, and then once the round was bagged, i packed my kit back up abnd they said have a great flight.

Wat would have happened if it was a friend who was out shooting and a they didnt have a PAL or a hunting licence? for me i was subjec to search by because i was getting onto an aircraft. My house and my car are mine. The airplane is not.

Justified doesnt mean what you think it does. A justified search is not one that starts illegal that you submit to.
    Don't you get it??? He's perfect damnit! Come on crash.... get with the program.

We're mere plebes, imperfect by design. He, on the other hand, is infallible, without error, without mistake, knows all, sees all (like Rudy, from Ice Age.... :P).

He knows what his friends think, before they think it. He can control their urges to use illicit substances simply by harnessing the power of thought and, if by some freak of physics, his thought control won't work, he surely knows they have done it, and immediately makes a phone call (his thought powers can't actually communicate directly, unfortunately) to end all ties and friendships with said person. They are, after all, no longer perfect.

Damn... I wish I could say I knew, for certain, everything that every person I interacted with was involved with, and thinking, at all times... it would make poker a lot easier!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Lol krp - bang on and hilarious well said.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Look OP you need to know how to break your firearms down so pop out the receiver, trigger lock it and you've got 6-7lbs at roughly what 26 inchs give or take. Wrap the pieces in a towel and then into a backpack and off you go. Ammo I would pack separately if that helps on the anxiety scale. I'd go with the bike. We need an update OP.
    All the best,
    VIC

Things have really changed. Back in the late 80s I would bring home rifles from Crappie Tire on the TTC in Toronto in a cardboard box with gun logo on it,no trigger locks.
    “Sometimes doing your best is not good enough. Sometimes you must do what is required.” ― Winston S. Churchill

Sheep spend their lives fearing the wolf- only to be slaughtered by the shepherd

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnjoblow View Post
    Things have really changed. Back in the late 80s I would bring home rifles from Crappie Tire on the TTC in Toronto in a cardboard box with gun logo on it,no trigger locks.
    What's sad is that you still could legally do that, if it wasn't for the anti-gun mindset of the transit authorities. You could, however, walk home with it like that, no problem.

Awesome read Krprice84. Thanks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678