Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Taurus CT G2 carbine

[youtube]-IFa2FO_9x4[/youtube]
    Aristotle - 'Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.'

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by chanman View Post
    See, you totally should have invested in that VFG

I understand the front of the well, but it looks like there's a 'web' of material that extends from the rear to the trigger guard.
    Yes, I should have got a VFG. Next time, next time.

I get what you're saying now. From the new pics it seems that it's to protect the magazine release. I see how it looks like it can hold a .223 mag from the side though.

That is the ugliest magwell to date.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    It uses UZI type magazines - so it is a 5 rounder for the canuckland.
    Why is that? The sub2K takes 10rnd's.. Is it because it uses uzi mags? I thought pistol's were limited to ten rounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgery View Post
    Just put some cream on it

CGN Regular
    It would be nice if it took Taurus 92 mags!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt308 View Post
    Why is that? The sub2K takes 10rnd's.. Is it because it uses uzi mags? I thought pistol's were limited to ten rounds?
    Uzi mags are specifically mentioned in the magazine regulations as being limited to 5 rounds.

PROHIBITED DEVICES

Former Cartridge Magazine Control Regulations

3. (1) Any cartridge magazine
    (a) that is capable of containing more than five cartridges of the type for which the magazine was originally designed and that is designed or manufactured for use in
    (vi) the firearm of the design commonly known as the UZI pistol, and any variant or modified version of it, including the Micro-UZI pistol
    When they came for my Full auto machine gun, no one did a thing, as it didn't affect them. When they came for my Converted auto, they still said nothing. When they came for my Handguns and Semi-autos they were still too scared to say anything. When they came for my single shot bolt-action .22 rifle, there was no one left to help me.
    Is this what we want to see in our future?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ar180shooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
    This firearms is not yet in production. According to the Taurus rep, it is on display to gadge for market interest. It will only go into production if there are enough orders, and production will take somewhere between 8-12 months.

The firearms itself has ambidextrous controls. Charging handle can be swapped to either side. The sights are removable, the production sights will probably be redesigned with some sort of QD mechanism (right now is screwed on). Projected MSRP is a little over 800 USD.
    Looks great, well thought out and ergonomic. If we could get them here non-res for around $1000, I'd definitely consider adding one to my safe. It'll go great next to my Sub 2000. :D
    "If everybody you meet is an a$shole, then you're probably the problem, not them."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dudley2112 View Post
    its almost like the USC and Storm had a love child, that thing is uuuugly but another black rifle in the country and hopefully non-res is never a bad thing
    Hey....I've got one of each and I don't have anything that looks like that in my safe as a result!! :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    How is that an Uzi mag?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    How is that an Uzi mag?
    not sure if it is or not but this IS an uzi mag... look kinda similar to me...

Homer Simpson: [flipping frantically through the Bible] This book doesn't have any answers!
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast