Thread: Typically, how long for handgun order.

Typically, how long for handgun order.

I'll start by saying I am in no way trying to complain about anything, just need some info from someone who has had experience with Marstar.

How long from ordering a handgun should I expect to wait before I have it in my hand, assuming all the planets are lined up.

I have emailed them, but so far no response. On the one hand, their time is probably better served processing orders than answering emails about processing orders but on the other hand we have all heard the story about the guy who waited 2 months and turns out there was something wrong with his RPAL info and they were waiting for him to call.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Why not give them a call ?
    Robert "Bob" Fortier, Life Member ATPQ / PQRA

CGN Regular

Marstar

I live in Alberta. I phoned Marstar and spoke to Frank a week ago. I purchased a Norinco pistol they had in stock. They arrange all the transfer "paperwork" (real or electronic). I received an email notification from Canada Post yesterday that the pistol shipped yesterday and the delivery date is within 1 week.
    So, from my initial phone call and payment, less than 1 week for CFO clearance, and another week (or less) to arrive at my door.
    I have had all positive experiences with Marstar. But like the previous post suggested, why not give them a phone call.
    Hope that helps!

No dealer can ship a restricted firearm until the CFO approves the transfer. Dealers have no control over the CFO's office. Once the CFO approves, it is then shipped.

I purchased a P-38 for "collection" purposes and then requested collector status. As the CFO does not harbor any love for me, it took EIGHT MONTHS to complete the process. Others dealing with the same CFO office had it over and done with in 48 HOURS.

It is the price I pay for continuously pissing the CFO off. lol

It's lots of politics and arm flexing crap. If we wish to play the game we must learn patience.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    I once had a handgun sitting in the post office, waiting for me to pick it up. The post office just didn't notify me that it had come in.

CGN Regular
    if it is in stock, at Marstar, I would suggest you would have it within 2 -weeks.
    5 days for them to get it registered, and anotehr 5 or 7 to ship it.
    3- weeks tops.

All of mine from marstar have taken 2 - 3 weeks, which has been about the same as every dealer I've got restricteds from. Its the CFO and Canada Post that have slowed things up for me in each case.

I don't know if I got lucky, but I had mine in my hands in 6 days...I was really impressed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtienneNavaar View Post
    I'll start by saying I am in no way trying to complain about anything, just need some info from someone who has had experience with Marstar.

How long from ordering a handgun should I expect to wait before I have it in my hand, assuming all the planets are lined up.

I have emailed them, but so far no response. On the one hand, their time is probably better served processing orders than answering emails about processing orders but on the other hand we have all heard the story about the guy who waited 2 months and turns out there was something wrong with his RPAL info and they were waiting for him to call.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

lol
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Like others have already stated, I have not waited more than 3 weeks for any of my Marstar purchases.