Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - New Firearms Optics (Trijicon, Insight, Eotech)

CGN Regular survivalofthefittest's Avatar
    awesome thanks for all the great pics for those of us who couldnt get down there
    "The rifle is a weapon...It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
    —Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle
    psalm 23:1

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnerlove View Post
    Users are currently bitching about reliability and battery life with the full price Milspec models. Who wants to go to war with an optic that turns itself off for a number of reasons including being left on, shock from recoil or getting hot in the sun. The battery life also sucks. Who cares about hours when there are optics on the market with battery life measured in years.

I am not a fan.
    Everyone that I know who has used them have NO complaints. Any yes, a large sample of those 'went to war' with them. And they weren't people who hid inside FOB's, OP's, and the like - with nothing better to do than ##### about their optics.

They were people who spent more time dismounted bashing their weapons and optics around as they went cross country. There were a LOT of EoTechs. No problems, including a personally owned 552 purchased in 2004 with multiple tours behind it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunnerlove's Avatar
    Ever grab your rifle out of a vehicle rack to find the Eotech had turned itself off? or killed the battery?

Ever use an Aimpoint?
    Service Rifle has been shot in Canada since 1864.
    The DCRA is the oldest sporting organization in Canada.

Ever grab your rifle out of a vehicle rack to find the Eotech had turned itself off? or killed the battery?

Ever use an Aimpoint?
    I like have and like bought the aimpoint

Ever use an Aimpoint?
    Not a bash, just an observation. Unless this is super common, which from the people I've talked to it is not, It would not concern my purchase. I have not used either, but I will be going for the eotech simply for the 1 moa dot vs 2 moa as I plan on eventually having a flip away magnifier with it too.

Oh, forgot to mention, if you meant you'd rather see increased battery life vs eotech making a .22 model.. I totally agree with you on that.. but I just dont see the battery life thing being a real-life concern.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer angrysoldier's Avatar
    mouth breathers?
    dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armedsask's Avatar
    Mouth Breather: The term is used as an insult towards a person with a perceived lack of intelligence or someone with poor social skills.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Armedsask". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

CGN Regular
    No. I used my rifle. I left the Eotech on for hours, and hours. Also: If you use your rifle outdoors, you press the button to adjust intensity long before 8 hour auto-shutoff kicks in.

Ever use an Aimpoint?
    Yep. The Eotech works far better for me, and I haven't had a problem with any of the four models I've owned personally. No one that I know, who put their optics through the hell of seven months of dismounted operations had any of these phantom functionality problems that apparently 'plague' EoTech.

Quote Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
    The 1-8x has a 3999 USD price tag.
    After reading that I just got a nose bleed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    They claim to be intellectuals, yet cannot get their minds around the fact that they are shifting the responsibility of crime to an inanimate object.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast