CGN Ultra frequent flyer RevolverRodger's Avatar
    Where can I buy one and where :D
    Before all else, be armed.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Member of the Conservative Party of Canada
    Member of the CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRodger View Post
    Where can I buy one and where :D
    Look at post 27 of this string. One has been sold since I wrote that. But there are two left!

BANNED
    Might wanna read some reviews before you do though!

Quote Originally Posted by mlehtovaara View Post
    Might wanna read some reviews before you do though!
    I agree. But then there is no sensible reason for wanting one of these except for the "cool" and "fun" factor. And that might just be enough to justify the purchase.

Expried Business Member
    Rossi's ML should be coming in around $650ish (I hope) whereas the Chiappa's are 1k and up...

What are the laws regarding modifying antiques? I was under the impression that since they require no registration they could be chopped, stocked, or otherwise customized to your hearts content. Or is there a rule that restricts heavy modification from original design?

Been looking at picking up an older antique lever rifle and having something like this done, that way don't have to deal with any paperwork.
    We are not who we are, but as we would make ourselves to be.

Quote Originally Posted by orbit123 View Post
    What are the laws regarding modifying antiques? I was under the impression that since they require no registration they could be chopped, stocked, or otherwise customized to your hearts content. Or is there a rule that restricts heavy modification from original design?

Been looking at picking up an older antique lever rifle and having something like this done, that way don't have to deal with any paperwork.
    That's an interesting point. I don't know if you can "saw off" the barrel or stock of an antique gun and it still be "legal." I am sure some knowledgeable person on this site will be able to quote the law in this regard.

But I think the more important question is, if you do so and say, go hunting or backpacking with the modified gun... how many LE officers that you run into would know the Canadian gun laws chapter and verse and wouldn't give you a hard time anyway. I can tell you that if someone was caught walking around the woods in Ontario with even a registered Non-Restricted Mare's Leg chances are they would have some 'splainin to do... probably at the local police station after the gun was confiscated. Sad, but true.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    " I can tell you that if someone was caught walking around the woods in Ontario with even a registered Non-Restricted Mare's Leg chances are they would have some 'splainin to do... probably at the local police station after the gun was confiscated. Sad, but true. "

Not to mention the violent beating that might occur during the "High Risk Takedown" of such an offender.

I just don't get the Mare's Leg thing, however, to each their own. Personally, I'd favour a short barrelled rifle with a full stock.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pancake81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    " I can tell you that if someone was caught walking around the woods in Ontario with even a registered Non-Restricted Mare's Leg chances are they would have some 'splainin to do... probably at the local police station after the gun was confiscated. Sad, but true. "

Not to mention the violent beating that might occur during the "High Risk Takedown" of such an offender.
    The firearms would not be "confiscated", but rather "seized",two very different things. Secondly, If it was legally registered and non-restricted and there was a violent beating, I would definately be filing a lawsuit and taking legal action.

It's the law enforcers job (no matterwhat agency) to educate themselves. If they are uneducated on something they see in the field, they shouldnot be inflicting a violent beating, but rather using one of their other numerous tools to complete their duties. Refer to the use of force chart before assuming you would be beat.

That being said, you may have a firearm or two pointed at you...
    April 05, 2012 - The Day We Turned Back Time

My Guns Only Have TWO Enemies... Rust & Politicians
    Hi Wendy