Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Shilo Sharps

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by aftermidnight View Post
    Last I heard it's a 2 years + wait...
    I think the lines are shorter now. My bull barreled .45-110 was recently completed in under a year.

Chris.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnn Peterson's Avatar
    Very nice cd, very nice indeed. However, with a few goodies I've purchased lately, plus paying for a needed head gaskets change out on my diesel I'll have to settle for one my buddy has that I've been working on acquiring. A Pedersoli Sharps.

I have the unlimited 'loan' of it but I've been working on this one for a while now. If/when I get it, new sights will be the order of the day.
    "Make my day"
    "do you feel lucky punk"
    "A man's got to know his limitations"
    "Get off my lawn"

Shiloh Sharps seems to add to a production run, a few "speculation" rifles made with common custom features. These are available as runs become complete.
    I called them last month and they running 20 months, I found one of these spec rifles and now only have to wait until mid March. They also have "rack" rifles RTG, so give them a call and see whatsb going to be available.

Cheers,
    Ricky
    "So there I was, on the upper regions of the Lower Mozambique, fightin' off the Mao Mao's with my wally wally nuts"

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    Afraid to ask what some are worth......
    Some of them can get pretty pricey depending on the options. But with the dollar where it's at right now it's better than it used to be. The Shiloh site does list the prices. I think my .45-110 #3 sporter started at around $1900. That is until I added the 14lb bull barrel, semi-fancy wood, and MVA sights. But then you only live once :D.

If you keep an eye out you can find a used one now and then. I got a great deal on a used Shiloh a couple of years ago, a .45-70 Long Range Express.

You do have to be careful though. I know of a used Shiloh that was recently listed at over $7000 CDN . The funny part is that the exact same limited edition model has been listed on the Arizona Sharp Shooters web site for $4000 USD and it has been there for months.

Chris.

BANNED
    Before you look at used ones make sure you study the site and see the cost of some of the options. I like a pistol grip on the big kickers, and not a "rifle style" buttplate, for a mainly hunting gun you may not want to put on too expensive fancy wood, cause it will get dinged up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Thanx Chris.

Pretty well all their calibers have to be hand loaded? No real factory stuff?

Someone told me/read the 45/70 ammo has to be black powder to get the long range stuff out of it.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Thanx Chris.

Someone told me/read the 45/70 ammo has to be black powder to get the long range stuff out of it.

I heard from my ex-wife's uncle's third cousin on his mother's side, her next door neighbour from the war say that too But seriously smokeless is fine for some of their calibers. Google their site. Blackpowder is the way to go for sure. Sorry John, I had a Pedersoli and for what it is, its fine. But they are not in the same league as Shiloh, IMHO of course I'll post pictures when I get one.

Thanx Chris.

I heard from my ex-wife's uncle's third cousin on his mother's side, her next door neighbour from the war say that too But seriously smokeless is fine for some of their calibers. Google their site. Blackpowder is the way to go for sure. Sorry John, I had a Pedersoli and for what it is, its fine. But they are not in the same league as Shiloh, IMHO of course I'll post pictures when I get one. ( A Shiloh that is)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnn Peterson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    I heard from my ex-wife's uncle's third cousin on his mother's side, her next door neighbour from the war say that too But seriously smokeless is fine for some of their calibers. Google their site. Blackpowder is the way to go for sure. Sorry John, I had a Pedersoli and for what it is, its fine. But they are not in the same league as Shiloh, IMHO of course I'll post pictures when I get one. ( A Shiloh that is)
    I realise that, but the head gasket repairs to my diesel at the local 'Ford Factory' put a bit of a dent in my post retirement gun money fund. If I can get it, the Pedersoli will have to do me,for a while anyway.
    "Make my day"
    "do you feel lucky punk"
    "A man's got to know his limitations"
    "Get off my lawn"

I'm in the market for a new pumpkin chucker as I just sold my Pedersoli 1874 Sharps Creedmore. What would be the best calibre for 1000 yard work without going too big? I never shot my 45-70 beyond 600m.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast