Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - a bevy of Marlin Lever guns

RichPoorMan
    Super Moderator

SHOT SHOW 2011 - a bevy of Marlin Lever guns

Ok, so nothing new here.

But, I asked my guide about production, he said all the Marlin plants are closed, but they are still being made on the Marlin machinery, moved to the new location.

Before I visited this booth, I was talking to one of the other mods that was with us. He has a new Marlin lever gun, and says he cut his hand on the lever.
    With that in mind, I inspected the edges on the levers of every rifle pictured above. They were all quite sharp. Maybe not sharp enough to cut in casual use, but under the stress of recoil, and fast followups, entirely possible.
    I was frankly astounded they would let the product out with that sharp an edge on it.
    Lets hope they get their act together, and radius those edges.
    Bush hunter!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I was thinking about sending them an e-mail and requesting an SBL in 405 Winchester. Wish I hadda had this thought before the show........

Did you mention the "sharp" edges to them?
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Glad I bought that 1894 I'd been lusting after last year instead of dealing with these new production issues.

Ahhh, yes once again, the 'wizards' of Remington Arms have fornicated a great firearm. horrible levering (perhaps from poor fit/finish particularly in the cross bolt safety me thinks).

compare an 1895 marlin produced in the Marlin plant to that of the 'new' rifles coming out now it's almost laughable, it would appear they really don't care or are unwilling to address the issue.

enough ranting

TB

Remington the Skoda of firearms!!!

Ouch this is a kick in the balls. I've had my sights on the GBL/SBL in the centre of the photo for some time...

Im still optimistic though. Worst case scenario you bring it into a metal working shop and have them radius the edges.

-1 for Remington
    “We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.” -Charles Bukowski
    Donation to CPC: $100.19. Scrapping the registry: Priceless.

now, I realize in hindsight, that I need to clarify that I'm referring to the new/late model Remingtons, the older ones were great, accurate and well made, but as of the past three to four years or so, well now those little treasures can be quite another question.
    Not sure if it's just accountants trying to keep costs down or what but the rifles coming out of the factory, imho, are not the best examples (to be diplomatic) of the firearms industry and probably have old Eli rolling in his grave !!
    So if I've offended an owner, that was not my intent. I humbly apologize.
    My intent is to raise awareness of an unfortunate situation with America's oldest firearms manufacturer.

TB

Wish they were going to make more of the 16" barrel guns that Davidsons had them make. That would be something to show off at SHOT, not the same old stuff you've been offering for years.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer heavyBullet's Avatar
    When exactly did they start producing in the new facility ?

Where is this new plant, China?
    Gerry

Looking forward to seening the new 1894CSBL and 1894SBL. Fingers are crossed though that production problems are fixed by the time they come out mid summer.
    "Out here, due process is a bullet."
    Col. Michael Kirby (The Green Berets)
    ---------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast