Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - a bevy of Marlin Lever guns

Uber Super GunNutz DANCESWITHEMPTIES's Avatar
    The 'original' Guide gun levers were no screaming hell either.... Way too small. Glad to hear Remington sharpened up their act....
    The 2nd thing to be up graded on mine was the lever. Right after the sh!tty sights. It's funny how "New in the Box" is becoming curse words with some manufacturers..................................... .......

Quote Originally Posted by Leg View Post
    Wish they were going to make more of the 16" barrel guns that Davidsons had them make. That would be something to show off at SHOT, not the same old stuff you've been offering for years.
    They did bring back the 336Y the 16" .30-30 youth model. I am a big guy and had no problems with the LOP. But I like a short LOP on some guns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnn Peterson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by diananike View Post
    Glad I bought that 1894 I'd been lusting after last year instead of dealing with these new production issues.
    Me too, but mine goes way back. My cousin was thinning out his collection a little and when he asked if there was anything I was interested in, the '94 in 44-40 was my choice. Sentimental reasons.

"Make my day"
    "do you feel lucky punk"
    "A man's got to know his limitations"
    "Get off my lawn"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnn Peterson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DANCESWITHEMPTIES View Post
    The 'original' Guide gun levers were no screaming hell either.... Way too small. Glad to hear Remington sharpened up their act....
    The 2nd thing to be up graded on mine was the lever. Right after the sh!tty sights. It's funny how "New in the Box" is becoming curse words with some manufacturers..................................... .......
    You're right about the levers on the older guide guns being way too small. No sharp edges to speak of but with the 'warmer' loads using some of the heavier bullets, because of size and shape, it can be a little rough on the fingers.

For the bigger heavier calibers, I much prefer the size and configuration of what's on my 444S.

"Make my day"
    "do you feel lucky punk"
    "A man's got to know his limitations"
    "Get off my lawn"

Marlin was not bought by Remington but by Freedom Group the same group of businessmen that bought Remington and Montana, and in their efforts to streamline these companies have lost all concept of quality control.
    Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you
    Jesus Christ and the Canadian Soldier

RichPoorMan
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tick View Post
    Marlin was not bought by Remington but by Freedom Group the same group of businessmen that bought Remington and Montana, and in their efforts to streamline these companies have lost all concept of quality control.
    In fact, these companies did not even have separate booths at SHOT. They were all under the Freedom Group banner.
    Very sad.
    Bush hunter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12