Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Yamaha ATV's

I have a Grizzly 700 and love it. lots of power and a really nice ride.
    Ride Hard, Shoot Straight, Speak the Truth.

I also own a 660 Grizzly...Had a Honda 400 before..Really like the new 700 Rhino's
    though,would like to see them come out with EPS,shoulders are not what they used to be,hahahaha.

I have a 750 King Quad I bought in the States in '08 I paid $6,188.00 for a demonstartor with 225 miles on it. The same machine at that time was 9,295.00 in Ontario - I bought mine in Michigan. I had to pay MST, PST, GST along with $204.00 to the Registrar of Imported Vehicles. I bout it on a $0.96 dollar and MST (Michigan Sales Tax) was 6%. It's relatively easy on a new machine.

There is very little difference between a Suzuki and a Yamaha - a dealer who sells both confirmed that to me. The 450 is probably all you need if you don't want to put tracks on it, but you need at least a 600 to handle the extra weight and drag of tracks.

This is it with a few add-ons.

I bought it when the dollar first went up and just as it started to go back down. Since it went back up and stayed up, the price differential isn't quite what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by gyates93 View Post
    X2, you don't need to travel at Mach 2 on an ATV.

Get the 450 stuck, you might have some hope for getting it out..
    I like their older Timberwolf myself..
    You don't have to travel at Mach 2, but it's fun anyway:D! Yes a 450 will do the job for hunting, but for not much more money you can have a 700. Just saying

RichPoorMan
    Super Moderator
    My ancient 350 will do 70mph on the road, (lots fast enough) and eats lots less gas that bigger machines. If I get high centered I can still pick up the back end and shift it over.
    I've yet to see the place a bigger machine can go that I can't. But I've crossed bogs that might sink a heavier machine. And crossed atv bridges that were hairy enough with a light machine.

It's true that the big independent suspension machines are a hell of a lot smoother to drive at speed, but at the pace we have to drive around the moose camp, the difference is minimal.
    There is a traction advantage to that suspension, as older machines are forever lifting one wheel in the air as you proceed over rough terrain. But it's never been a problem for us, as the biggest moose the camp has shot to date was pulled out behind an older 300 Honda with occasional tow assist to keep from flipping over backwards on the steep grades.
    Bush hunter!

Quote Originally Posted by John Y Cannuck View Post
    My ancient 350 will do 70mph on the road, (lots fast enough) and eats lots less gas that bigger machines.
    Are you sure that wasn't 70 kph? I've had my 750 to 60 mph/100 kph and I had to back off the throttle because the front end started to float and that was with stock tires. I just have a hard time believing a 350 will go that fast after driving a few and "blowing the doors off" many others. If they have the kind of torque to pull a moose out which I don't doubt the gearing would be too low to achieve that kind of speed.

I doubt my machine would ever be capable of going that fast and if so barely. It has a single cylinder, double overhead cam, 4 valve, electronic fuel injected engine. Yours has a carburetor.

Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Roe+ View Post
    Are you sure that wasn't 70 kph? I've had my 750 to 60 mph/100 kph and I had to back off the throttle because the front end started to float and that was with stock tires. I just have a hard time believing a 350 will go that fast after driving a few and "blowing the doors off" many others. If they have the kind of torque to pull a moose out which I don't doubt the gearing would be too low to achieve that kind of speed.

I doubt my machine would ever be capable of going that fast and if so barely. It has a single cylinder, double overhead cam, 4 valve, electronic fuel injected engine. Yours has a carburetor.

Enough said.

Its probably a 2 stroke.
    Ride Hard, Shoot Straight, Speak the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by asphalt599 View Post
    Its probably a 2 stroke.
    Yes, I have friends who have those, 2WD no weight, cut for speed and no torque or at least no enough to be functional. They use them purely as toys! They have other machines for hunting

I'm talking utility ATVs like the ones previuos shown, 4x4 etc.

*cough*HONDA*cough*
    I like pistols

RichPoorMan
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Roe+ View Post

Enough said.
    Yes, it could be 70kph, I've not had it out for a bit. But at that speed, the front end does float, and corners are hairy.
    A friends 450 Suzuki is much much faster.
    Bush hunter!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast