Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2011 - Robinson Arms XCR-M

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fugawi's Avatar
    Its pathetic that a thread is started about a product, a gun that many would like to see imported into Canada so that we could have more choice in what we use to shoot, hunt, whatever with... then some CGNers feel the need to hijack the thread and make it into a dump on the individual behind the product.

We are lucky that Robarms probably needs the Canadian market as much as we need Robarms producing for it. I for one (and I'm sure there are many others, CGNers or not) that are happy that manufacturers such as Robarms are willing to produce weapons for the relatively small Canadian market and not just get fed up with all the naysayers and tell us to go f*** ourselves.

In future if you don't have anything construct to contribute to the thread would the naysayers (and you know who you are) just go away, start your own "Lets all dump on Alex Robinson/Robarms" thread elsewhere and let the rest of us discuss the relative merits/detriments of the product. Perhaps the moderators could create a "whiney forum" for such posters who feel the need to constantly make personal attacks on individuals.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person writing under the pseudonym "fugawi" Any use or reproduction of such posts, in whole or in part, outside "www.canadiangunnutz.com" requires the express written consent of the author.

Quote Originally Posted by fugawi View Post
    Its pathetic that a thread is started about a product, a gun that many would like to see imported into Canada so that we could have more choice in what we use to shoot, hunt, whatever with... then some CGNers feel the need to hijack the thread and make it into a dump on the individual behind the product.

We are lucky that Robarms probably needs the Canadian market as much as we need Robarms producing for it. I for one (and I'm sure there are many others, CGNers or not) that are happy that manufacturers such as Robarms are willing to produce weapons for the relatively small Canadian market and not just get fed up with all the naysayers and tell us to go f*** ourselves.

In future if you don't have anything construct to contribute to the thread would the naysayers (and you know who you are) just go away, start your own "Lets all dump on Alex Robinson/Robarms" thread elsewhere and let the rest of us discuss the relative merits/detriments of the product. Perhaps the moderators could create a "whiney forum" for such posters who feel the need to constantly make personal attacks on individuals.

I started to see it creep in, and I thought I'd try to preempt it, which only made it worse. It's really mostly my fault so I apologize for that.

As for the gun XCR-M, I can't wait for it! If Wolverine really is working with RobArms to get it imported, maybe they'll put me on a first-buyers list, to help get an idea for the size of the first imported batch. I can't believe how little it appears to recoil, even in full auto, in that vid RobArms posted. Looks pretty sweet!

Nowhere did I nor anyone else make a personal attack. If you think pointing out that someone made a douche move of undercutting a show meant to bring an industry together is representative of a personal attack, add an "oblivious forum" to your list.

FYI, I would and will buy an XCR-M in a heartbeat and think another non-restricted battle rifle to the Canadian market deserves pomp and circumstance, but considering this firearm was their one (non)display being at SHOT 2011? I think this is entirely relevant to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ben View Post
    what kind of iron sights are on the new gun? I've always found mine to sit a bit high, the new sights look lower.
    Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ben View Post
    Anyone?
    I believe Troy has a new "lower" version of their popular flip-ups specifically for firearms like the XCR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fugawi's Avatar
    My point is this is a thread discussing product not the person behind it. As ccwcanada said he saw it creeping in, as it does on so many XCR or Robarms threads - like people can't wait to dis Alex Robinson personally. (BTW ccwcanada - its not any of your fault, it keeps happening on so many XCR threads - makes me wonder why people are so insecure about Robarms). Camp Cook saw it and he is a XCR user and has posted favourably about the it. Even the reference in the thread to suitcasing refers not to Alex Robinson but to a company selling cutlery. As for the suite in the hotel - again no mention that it was Robarms by the Shot Show organizers. Its very easy to make unsubstantiated claims on the Internet including here on CGN but in real life if you call someone a fraud you can be sued. Dohhunter do you have any proof that the Shot Show organizers were refering to Alex Robinson or are you just speculating?

And even if he was... is it that so devisive to the firearms industry? As was pointed out - maybe thats all he could afford. Would you rather not have more product available to try out if you were there? What has happen to the American mantra of Free Enterprise? I suspect what the marketing company that puts on the Shot Show doesn't want is any competition.

I welcome more competition in the Firearms industry, especially if it results in more, better and less expensive product.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person writing under the pseudonym "fugawi" Any use or reproduction of such posts, in whole or in part, outside "www.canadiangunnutz.com" requires the express written consent of the author.

BANNED
    I'm not making a "personal attack" on Alex Robinson, but as the owner of the company who sells the first rifle I want to buy (XCR-?) with my new PAL, I find it hard to comprehend why he would use such underhanded tactics to market his wares...

If he couldn't get a table/booth/spot with the rest of the vendors, he shoulda just said so and not broke industry rules & moron codes of conduct...

But I still want an XCR...

My point is this is a thread discussing product not the person behind it. As ccwcanada said he saw it creeping in, as it does on so many XCR or Robarms threads - like people can't wait to dis Alex Robinson personally. (BTW ccwcanada - its not any of your fault, it keeps happening on so many XCR threads - makes me wonder why people are so insecure about Robarms). Camp Cook saw it and he is a XCR user and has posted favourably about the it. Even the reference in the thread to suitcasing refers not to Alex Robinson but to a company selling cutlery. As for the suite in the hotel - again no mention that it was Robarms by the Shot Show organizers. Its very easy to make unsubstantiated claims on the Internet including here on CGN but in real life if you call someone a fraud you can be sued. Dohhunter do you have any proof that the Shot Show organizers were refering to Alex Robinson or are you just speculating?

And even if he was... is it that so devisive to the firearms industry? As was pointed out - maybe thats all he could afford. Would you rather not have more product available to try out if you were there? What has happen to the American mantra of Free Enterprise? I suspect what the marketing company that puts on the Shot Show doesn't want is any competition.

I welcome more competition in the Firearms industry, especially if it results in more, better and less expensive product.
    Sure. Look at the very first sentence in this thread.

I suspect the marketing company that puts on the Shot show actually wants its revenue, which is exactly what you are referring to with the mantra of free enterprise.....shocking. They are in their right to issue a warning whether it's based on casing or outboarding. Sure, anyone can outboard, but it is extremely bad taste (more so when it's identified).

Nowhere did I call someone a fraud. In fact, I defended RA in another thread with that amorous customer service letter that went out, please don't put words in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by G37 View Post
    I believe Troy has a new "lower" version of their popular flip-ups specifically for firearms like the XCR.
    They're called Troy Micros....

They run around $180 unless you find them on sale.

http://www.botachtactical.com/trbasetmi.html

BANNED
    Haha, just re-read my post... It should've said, "& moral codes of conduct"...

And since I cant' edit it, this is my disclaimer - I was not calling anyone a moron...