Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: What the heck is a "fudd"?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer The_Sicilian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way View Post
    Incorrect.

A fudd is a gun owner who believes that a hunting rifle,( so long as it is wood and blued, and in a lever, bolt, or single shot action) is the only gun that people should be allowed to own, and that all firearms outside of this narrow scope should be banned.

They belittle and insult anyone who may own/wish to own anything that can be fired with one hand, has any resemblence to anything military, and in general: Any firearm that you wont see in a picture from a 1950's deer camp.

Fudds are the Canadian Firearms owner's worst enemy, as they are on the "inside", yet will happily and giddily throw any other owners group under the bus.

Do NOT be a fudd.

If you like to shoot it and it goes bang, you are my brother. I don't care what it looks like, pistol, revolver, AR, or winchester 30/30....we stick together.....period.
    This should be the go-to response whenever this question is asked
    CCFR Member

A Fudd is someone who:

1. Actually uses his guns in the activity for which they were intended.

2. Doesn't think guns are a fashion accessory or a political statement.

3. Doesn't select his guns based on what is on TV, in a movie, or the latest video game. "Yeah dude, it's just like the one Pacino had in Heat."

4. Doesn't get the appeal of Airsoft and stopped playing with toy guns by age 10.

5. Sees just as many gun errors in a movie as anyone else. Doesn’t feel the overwhelming need to mention it to everyone around him in the theatre.

6. Has a bear defense gun because he actually goes places where he might encounter a bear other than the zoo.

7. Thinks several hundred dollars spent on tactical crap to hang on a shotgun just to look badass is a waste of money.

8. Thinks several hundred dollars spent on ammunition for a shotgun is money well spent.

9. Believes that bragging about shooting a grouse with an 8" pump gun is as retarded as shooting a 3 gun match with a Krieghoff K80.

10. Thinks anyone who says they frequently outshoot regular clay target shooters with their badass tacticooool "shottie" is not telling the truth.

11. Sees a place for camouflage. The mall isn’t it.

12. Uses the hunting rifle that is best for the job and isn't interested in hunting with a tacticoooool rifle just to make a political statement.

13. Is more interested in precision use of a firearm at longer ranges and not rapid fire, spray and pray at 7 yard targets as big as a door.

14. Has never shot a pumpkin and believes the appropriate weapon is a large knife artisically wielded at Halloween.

15. When he doesn’t like what government is doing doesn’t think building a bunker, buying more guns and setting up claymore mines is a viable response. He does think joining the political party of his choice and actively works for and supports their candidates is.

16. Doesn’t start to shake when he sees a police car. Understands they have a job to do even when he gets a ticket.

17. If he has an encounter with the police doesn’t say “I pay your salary” or “I gots might rights.” Figures the police officer already knows that and if they don’t the side of the road isn’t the time or place.

18. Thinks Molon Labe is a scented bath water product for women.

19. Doesn't support a world where every dork drawing breath should be allowed to own whatever he wants without some conditions, universal registration NOT being one of them.

20. Is someone for whom guns are an important thing but not the only thing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wrong Way's Avatar
    Ontario.....far enough N of T.O. that I (almost) can't smell it
    To the OP: ignore Claybuster....his definition stems from some deep set personal issues, and as such, should be given about he same credibility as diet advice from Wendy Cukier

My definition is the accurate one.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Wrong Way". Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hillmanr2's Avatar
    19 Doesn't support a world where every dork drawing breath should be allowed to own whatever he wants without some conditions, universal registration NOT being one of them

Should read:

#19 is willing to throw every other shooter under the bus including you and future enthusiast if it means his cranky old tired ass can shoot targets until he finally drops dead.
    Last edited by hillmanr2; 02-01-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    You can't starve us out and you can't make us run, we are the old boys raised on shotguns.

Country folks can survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post
    Has never shot a pumpkin and believes the appropriate weapon is a large knife artistically wielded at Halloween.
    You have lead a very boring life. Rip the tag off your mattress tonight it will give you a rush.
    CSSA Member
    NFA Member

"Hey Wayne, did you ever find it attractive when Bugs Bunny would dress up as the girl bunny?" :D

If more kids still watched those cartoons today i beleive the world would be a much better place!
    Over-glorified Kettle Operator
    Hunting & Sport Shooting Enthusiast

Take a new person out shooting today!!

CPC | WRA | NFA | CSSA | SGGC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Fall Guy's Avatar
    Anyone who seems overly concerned what other people do with their personal belongings, money and time, there is a good chance they're a Fudd.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I guess I am one, Claybuster. Do we have a clubhouse somewhere?

Semper Fudd, indeed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way View Post
    To the OP: ignore Claybuster....his definition stems from some deep set personal issues, and as such, should be given about he same credibility as diet advice from Wendy Cukier

My definition is the accurate one.
    What you are really saying is that your definition is the only one.

Do not tell the OP to ignor anyone's opinion. Tell him to read them all and make up his own mind. To the OP, with WW's talk of personal issues, keep in mind who seemed to make this personal when the thread was started. By CB's definition I am a Fudd, but I got to admit that I shot a pumpkin once

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast