Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: What the heck is a "fudd"?

I know where Claybuster is coming from, but generally a Fudd is someone who only believes in classic hunting guns (rifles and shotguns), and feels that anything else is either illegal or retarded.

You will bump into them at the range or out in the woods, where they will proceed to tell you that it illegal to hunt with an assault rifle (anything semi automatic), or yell at you for making noise at the range with your handgun (this happened to me this summer).

Fudds are out there, and they as bad for the gun community as anti's. If it isn't a wood stocked Winchester/Remington/whatever, it should be illegal or has no use or purpose. That is what a Fudd is...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wrong Way's Avatar
    Ontario.....far enough N of T.O. that I (almost) can't smell it
    Quote Originally Posted by Covey Ridge View Post
    What you are really saying is that your definition is the only one.

Do not tell the OP to ignor anyone's opinion. Tell him to read them all and make up his own mind. To the OP, with WW's talk of personal issues, keep in mind who seemed to make this personal when the thread was started. By CB's definition I am a Fudd, but I got to admit that I shot a pumpkin once
    WTH? My definition IS the definition of a Fudd. "Opinion" has nothing to do with definition....could you imagine if the dictionary was subject to "opinion"?

Holy cow, some people just LOOK for an opportunity to #####.

Fudd 384 up, 24 downbuy fudd mugs, tshirts and magnets
    Slang term for a "casual" gun owner; eg; a person who typically only owns guns for hunting or shotgun sports and does not truly believe in the true premise of the second amendment. These people also generally treat owners/users of so called "non sporting" firearms like handguns or semiautomatic rifles with unwarranted scorn or contempt.
    "See sonny, all those pistols in that cabinet... all thems is good for is killin people." -Example of ignorant comment from a fudd at a local gun shop. See also: Zumbo.

fudd zumbo john rosenthal mitt romney john kerry
    by drgrant Apr 10, 2007 share this
    2. fudd 96 up, 145 downbuy fudd mugs, tshirts and magnets
    Derogitory term for a vagina
    Freelancer ya fudd
    by anonymous Sep 22, 2003 share this
    3. fudd 16 up, 76 downbuy fudd mugs, tshirts and magnets
    A foolish, inattentive, self-important yet ultimately ineffective individual.
    The fudd in the white Camry spilled his milkshake all over his suede jacket.
    http://jovianthunderbolt.########.co...efinition.html A Fudd is a person that has only hunting arms and thinks NO ONE should be allowed to have anything else but. They actively work with gun control groups to ban firearms with little or no hunting utility. They seem to be under the impression that the 2nd Amendment applies only to deer hunting and the like, and not self-defense. Despite the Supreme Courts unanimous. They think that if they throw the rest of firearm owners under the bus that their firearms will be left alone by the gun banners, and that non- Fudds give them a bad name. They can be a bit snobby and elitist this way. And their strategy of diverting attention to other gun-owners may come back and bite them if they successfully deflect gun banners to regular capacity magazine fed pistols and Sport Utility Rifles, as once gun banners are successful with non-Fudd weapons who is to stop banners from shifting to the “sniper rifles that shoot armor piercing ammo and assault shotguns” that they will categorize hunting-iron as? Of course sniper-rifle and assault-shotgun is a misnomer label and future propaganda of the gun-banners, and is as inaccurate as the mislabeling they try to apply to their current firearm targets like so-called assault weapons. They call wrongly call the most common target rifles assault weapons because it is harder to be taken serious if you just call to ban all “scary looking guns”.

Jim Zumbo was a Fudd when he wrote bad things about AR-15 rifles and damaged the 2nd Amendment cause. He lost his job after, performed many meaculpas, and endeavored to learn more about ‘black rifles,’ their appeal, and may have truly reformed since. Shooters that primarily shoot AR’s for fun, competition, and recreation almost certainly outnumber hunters at this point and these numbers are why the outcry against his diatribe was so intense. Hunters are no longer in the majority. They certainly are not in the majority if you only count people with firearms used solely for hunting.

John Kerry is a Fudd. Joe Biden is a Fudd. Hillary Clinton claims to be a Fudd. Dan Cooper is a Fudd. The fake, George Soros supported American Hunters and Shooters Association is a front for Fudds and gun banners. New Jerseys extreme gun control regime is a Fuddesque system. Chicago and DC don’t even pretend to be Fudd-like and have gone beyond mere Fudd measures, with only a token nod possession of hunting-utility only firearms.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Wrong Way". Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

Fudd...Isn't that the beer Homer drank when he visited Shelbyville? Apparently when hillbillies drink the stuff they go blind.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    The question has been answered. The OP has indicated he understands and has thanked people for their replies. Anything further in this thread is just personal bickering designed to divide gun owners, IMHO.
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.

Well this has been educational, I thought Fudd referred to a trigger happy hunter who couldn't hit the broad side of the barn and had really poor muzzle control. I'm not even going to comment on all the previous posts....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Win/64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way View Post

Holy cow, some people just LOOK for an opportunity to #####.
    Does seem that "way" doesn't it'

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar

Myself I make no distinctions. All of these I enjoy equally! And that centre black M37 Ithaca has brought down a wild boar too.
    I do not own an AR, but I have many revolvers and a few good pistols.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Fudd:
    Slang term for a "casual" gun owner; eg; a person who typically only owns guns for hunting or shotgun sports and does not truly believe in the true premise of the second amendment or self defence or the more modern target shooting compeditions. Fudds also generally treat owners/users of so called "non sporting" firearms like handguns or semiautomatic rifles with unwarranted scorn or contempt.
    In Canada, fudds are blamed for being apathetic when various gun bans came about, as "it doesn't affect me"; but are coming back into the fold due to advertisements like "First they came for our short barreled handguns, then demonized our modern black rifles. Read the writing on the wall: all handguns and semi-automatic rifles and shotguns are obviously their next targets. After that, any rifle with a scope or over 22 caliber will be a 'sniper rifle'. You can stand with us now, or when they come for yours you'll be standing alone."

Well, time for just one more post on this thread:

(For those who have forgotten, I am the OP of this thread.)

I thought the Bugs Bunny cartoon was the funniest until I got a load of some of the rest of the posts.

It was certainly not my intent to "raise hell and put a chunk under it" but apparently that is the way she goes sometimes around here. It is really quite delightful. I believe it must be possible to set off a vigorous exchange by simply posting an innocent "good morning" on GunNutz.

No wonder we gun owners have so many different/separate organizations! Organizing gun owners must surely be just like trying to herd cats!
    There is no such thing as "too many Model 70's". (Me: circa 2010)

Member: NFA; CSSA; NRA; Man.Wildlife Fed., CPC; Delta Waterfowl

Generally liberal bobble heads or apple polishers also. Just cause my dad always voted liberal.