Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: What the heck is a "fudd"?

What the heck is a "fudd"?

Always wanted to know ---- scared to ask!

Tried the Search feature. No luck.

(Managed to find the "troll" definition for myself so no yelling at me please. I've done my best.)

Anyone??
    There is no such thing as "too many Model 70's". (Me: circa 2010)

Member: NFA; CSSA; NRA; Man.Wildlife Fed., CPC; Delta Waterfowl

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 300Spartans's Avatar
    A derogatory term for those hunters characterized with extreme tunnel vision in regards to firearms and their use.
    Liberals really like POOR people, they're making more of them every day. --- Bearhunter (with permission)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer new and novice's Avatar
    I am assuming that fudd is short for Elmer Fudd. Meaning that the person being called a fudd is a Stupid hunter.

That is just my best guess.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bear.23's Avatar
    Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt... IE the anti-gunners say that harper will eliminate gun controls to create FUD in the publics mind and sway the undecided voters..
    Tired, Old, Sore & Cranky... What else is new..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wrong Way's Avatar
    Ontario.....far enough N of T.O. that I (almost) can't smell it
    Incorrect.

A fudd is a gun owner who believes that a hunting rifle,( so long as it is wood and blued, and in a lever, bolt, or single shot action) is the only gun that people should be allowed to own, and that all firearms outside of this narrow scope should be banned.

They belittle and insult anyone who may own/wish to own anything that can be fired with one hand, has any resemblence to anything military, and in general: Any firearm that you wont see in a picture from a 1950's deer camp. (claybuster will be along shortly to prove this statement true)

Fudds are the Canadian Firearms owner's worst enemy, as they are on the "inside", yet will happily and giddily throw any other owners group under the bus.

Do NOT be a fudd.

If you like to shoot it and it goes bang, you are my brother. I don't care what it looks like, pistol, revolver, AR, or winchester 30/30....we stick together.....period.
    Last edited by Wrong Way; 02-01-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Wrong Way". Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way View Post
    Incorrect.

A fudd is a gun owner who believes that a hunting rifle,( so long as it is wood and blued, and in a lever, bolt, or single shot action) is the only gun that people should be allowed to own, and that all firearms outside of this narrow scope should be banned.

They belittle and insult anyone who may own/wish to own anything that can be fired with one hand, has any resemblence to anything military, and in general: Any firearm that you wont see in a picture from a 1950's deer camp.

Fudds are the Canadian Firearms owner's worst enemy, as they are on the "inside", yet will happily and giddily throw any other owners group under the bus.

Do NOT be a fudd.

If you like to shoot it and it goes bang, you are my brother. I don't care what it looks like, pistol, revolver, AR, or winchester 30/30....we stick together.....period.
    It's not a bad idea to throw in some "Be wery quiet, I'am hunting wabbit" with it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    well said WW!

I especially like
    If you like to shoot it and it goes bang, you are my brother.

WE'RE KIN CUZ WE SHOOT. WHAT WE SHOOT AND WHAT WE SHOOT AT SHOULDN'T MATTER!

It ain't the years, it's the miles!

Thanks folks! An interesting admixture of replies. Now I understand several new things!

(Oh yeah. And I thought I had seen every Bugs Bunny cartoon that ever was made and yet here is a new one!!)
    There is no such thing as "too many Model 70's". (Me: circa 2010)

Member: NFA; CSSA; NRA; Man.Wildlife Fed., CPC; Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by Bentleg View Post
    That was the best, thanks for posting this, I haven't seen this for many, many years. Still makes me laugh!!

Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast